• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate lebron James.

volman

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's hard to believe that any of these owners are losing money other than on paper somewhere.   I don't all the revenue associated with owning a team is really reported when they say how much they make.

But anyway.   Yes the Cavs, GS finals is going to be the big money maker but i think it's short sighted to continue to to promote certain teams over true parity.  How much more revenue would be realized by the league as a whole if 2 or 3 teams weren't dominating the competition and there were 8-10 teams that felt like they had a title shot instead of just 2 or 3. 

If that was the case the Browns / Falcons would be super bowl winners by now!   This process happens once a decade, did we get tired of MJ vs Magic?  did we get tired of Bird vs Magic ?  or the bad boys in Detroit.   It goes thru cycles.   this wont last forever.. 

I wasn't a fan of kobe and shaq together.  I mean we're all in this competitive  give us a chance thing...  

Edited by cavsfan

• Moderators
Just now, cavsfan said:

If that was the case the Browns / Falcons would be super bowl winners by now!   This process happens once a decade, did we get tired of MJ vs Magic?  did we get tired of Bird vs Magic ?  or the bad boys in Detroit.   It goes thru cycles.   this wont last forever.. 

I did get tired of all that.   MJ was arguably the greatest player but needlessly given huge advantages by the refs/league.   In fact I think MJ, Kobe, Shaq actually enjoyed more beneficial treatment from the refs than even Lebron gets.   

All i'm saying is it's a bad thing for the league when you know on opening day who is going to be in the finals.   The only question mark is injuries.     

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I did get tired of all that.   MJ was arguably the greatest player but needlessly given huge advantages by the refs/league.   In fact I think MJ, Kobe, Shaq actually enjoyed more beneficial treatment from the refs than even Lebron gets.   

All i'm saying is it's a bad thing for the league when you know on opening day who is going to be in the finals.   The only question mark is injuries.     

AGREE   but 52 yrs of losers.. it felt nice to be a winner for once... 

the first team LBJ took to the finals sucked.   but so did the entire eastern conference.   Again Westbrook is a super mega star on an island all by himself.  if he wants to ever win an nba title  he is going to need help.. even if Cleveland and golden state wasn't competition in their way  they still wouldn't win it..  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

2 or 3 teams weren't dominating the competition and there were 8-10 teams that felt like they had a title shot instead of just 2 or 3. 

This is pretty much where we're at these days unfortunately....I wish I could find it but ESPN did a piece first on how rarely the playoff picture changes after the All-Star break these days.  They then went on to show numbers on how little a team outside of the top 2 makes it to the Finals which was sad.

I'm not saying it should be like March Madness with upset central all over the place but it just shows you how little parity is in the league nowadays and I think that's why we're all fairly realistic about our teams chances of getting past the first round at best.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, cavsfan said:

AGREE   but 52 yrs of losers.. it felt nice to be a winner for once... 

the first team LBJ took to the finals sucked.   but so did the entire eastern conference.   Again Westbrook is a super mega star on an island all by himself.  if he wants to ever win an nba title  he is going to need help.. even if Cleveland and golden state wasn't competition in their way  they still wouldn't win it..  

I don't have anything against Cleveland winning titles.  It's definitely better than having to hear from those jackwagons in Boston, NY and LA.   Would just like to see the intended purpose of having a salary cap actually work.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

This is pretty much where we're at these days unfortunately....I wish I could find it but ESPN did a piece first on how rarely the playoff picture changes after the All-Star break these days.  They then went on to show numbers on how little a team outside of the top 2 makes it to the Finals which was sad.

I'm not saying it should be like March Madness with upset central all over the place but it just shows you how little parity is in the league nowadays and I think that's why we're all fairly realistic about our teams chances of getting past the first round at best.

First 7 spots in the west were decided months ago.   Crazy.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:53 AM, Spud2Nique said:

How come guys like Lebron never get hurt? I don't think Lebron has had a significant injury his entire career. I mean I guess I'm not surprised. I think steroids are alive and well in the NBA. Lebron and a few others seem to avoid it...Curry also, Curry had significant ankle issues and now they are gone...they didn't miraculously disappear.. what's up?

There are drugs available that magically make you invulnerable to injury? Wow that's news to me. Where did you get your MD/PHd if I may ask? 

On 3/4/2017 at 10:53 AM, Spud2Nique said:

How come guys like Lebron never get hurt? I don't think Lebron has had a significant injury his entire career. I mean I guess I'm not surprised. I think steroids are alive and well in the NBA. Lebron and a few others seem to avoid it...Curry also, Curry had significant ankle issues and now they are gone...they didn't miraculously disappear.. what's up?

Even If medications are helping them stay strong and prevent injuries (dubious at best theory),than that's a good thing. The whole stigma about steroids and HGH is completely irrational. Why does anyone care if a medication helps you stay strong? It's not your body, it's his. 

Edited by bleachkit

Yea man LeBron sucks!!! Even though he can guard all 5 positions, passes better than an all star point guard, can rebound as a good as a power forward, unstoppable driving to the basket, off the charts basketball IQ. But he plays for another team so he sucks!!! Grow up squawkers, you guys sound like a bunch of immature haters. You guys would be great general managers, "I'm not trading for anyone because everyone sucks except the Hawks!" Freaking dumb asses.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

There are drugs available that magically make you invulnerable to injury? Wow that's news to me. Where did you get your MD/PHd if I may ask? 

They make you heal faster.  That's how most baseball players got started with them.   Not only do you heal faster but you can train longer and you have more strength.   All great things but it comes at a cost later on.   But there's a reason they are banned in all sports.   The drugs absolutely give you a physical advantage.   

I have no idea if Lebron is on anything but in theory if he were then improving your speed and strength beyond what you could do naturally is going to absolutely help you guard all 5 positions.  

• Moderators
On 3/6/2017 at 0:09 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Smh...I'm sorry there are some loopholes in the collective bargaining agreement. They need to get this straight. There's no parody in the league when you have teams like the Warriors and Cavs doing whatever the hell they want. The NBA is a money making whore. They gave me a lil taste when I was 7 years old and got me hooked. Now I feel like I can't get away. It's kinda like those Scientology people. 

This stems from maximum salaries.  If teams were able to pay LeBron and Durant $50M/year, they wouldn't be able to afford all these guys.  The max salary means teams with these superstars pay wayyy below market value for their very best player and have more money to spend on the rest of the team while a team paying market value for all their players can never catch up.

• Like 2