• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud has no choice . . try Bembry at the backup PG

TheNorthCydeRises

I totally understand what your saying but we can't turn to a rookie to play backup pg for us with less than a month left in the regular season and into the playoffs. Specially one that we haven't really groomed. 

He doesn't want to put Prince at PF without Millsap, which is kinda needed to set a good tone defensively to start halves before you try to go in an offensive mode, so why would he put a rookie at PG especially with how balky he is about playing young players?

And due to the above (the stretch before the comma), the Washington game is as good as done before it starts.

34 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I totally understand what your saying but we can't turn to a rookie to play backup pg for us with less than a month left in the regular season and into the playoffs. Specially one that we haven't really groomed. 

Why not? At this point I just don't see any positives going into the playoffs IF we even get there. Can't defend and can't score. (Delaney is also a rookie). I'd rather have Bembry play alongside Dennis than Delaney.

START NEXT SEASON NOW!!

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why not? At this point I just don't see any positives going into the playoffs IF we even get there. Can't defend and can't score. (Delaney is also a rookie). I'd rather have Bembry play alongside Dennis than Delaney.

START NEXT SEASON NOW!!

True that Delaney is a rookie as well but he's had "overseas experience". I share the frustration as well though and feel we might be in trouble if players don't start playing better as individuals and as a group.

48 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I don't think Bembry has the handle to play PG. If Tim can handle PG duties then sure.

He actually can and has better handles than Tim.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Bringing the ball up as the main guy for a college team seems a bit less stressful than in the NBA against much quicker dudes.

He wasn't just 'bringing' the ball up though, he was actually running the offense.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Are we suddenly championship contenders or something? 

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

START NEXT SEASON NOW!!

^That

10 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Are we suddenly championship contenders or something? 

^That

Bud won't. Coach wants vets he can trust from here on out. Don't get me wrong though I love our rooks gettin burn.

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Bud won't. Coach wants vets he can trust from here on out. Don't get me wrong though I love our rooks gettin burn.

Then why'd he play Delaney over Jose :happy:

Not sure what Bud sees from courtside but its not consistent with the view Hawk fans have. A lot has been too obvious to just keep his head buried in the sand. Armchair QBs or not we can see the blatant bad rotations by Bud. Pretty sure everyone in the NBA is aware at this point. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Not sure what Bud sees from courtside but its not consistent with the view Hawk fans have. A lot has been too obvious to just keep his head buried in the sand. Armchair QBs or not we can see the blatant bad rotations by Bud. Pretty sure everyone in the NBA is aware at this point. 

It's like last year in the playoffs, when Bud was opting to go with Moose instead of Humphries.  We were getting destroyed on the boards, and Moose was giving us nothing.  Then Horford started getting destroyed as well.

The fans knew that Humphries should've been playing the entire time.  Bud waits until he's basically out of options until going to Hump, who produces almost immediately.

While he's a much better coach, he's also more stubborn than Woody ever was.

• Like 2