You're the One That We Want! Ooh ooh ooh!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

The Ty D. Bowl Man's grandfather on his mom's side is Greek. He played for Greece in the 2015 FIBA U-19 World Championship, helping Greece finish fourth. Eurobasket Men 2017 will be from August 31 - September 17 with matches in Finland, Israel, Romania and Turkey. If Dorsey plays he'll likely team with Giannis.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This two-way contract thing is still gelling in my head, but I'm inclined to think that at least one if not both of our two-way contract slots will be filled by the two SGs taken in the 2nd round last and this draft. Cordinier really impressed some of us with his Vegas performance last summer, but it doesn't appear he did much to help himself since then. Dorsey, though, almost certainly is ticketed for Erie and for the G-league premium paycheck.

• Like 1

Just now, sturt said:

This two-way contract thing is still gelling in my head, but I'm inclined to think that at least one if not both of our two-way contract slots will be filled by the two SGs taken in the 2nd round last and this draft. Cordinier really impressed some of us with his Vegas performance last summer, but it doesn't appear he did much to help himself since then. Dorsey, though, almost certainly is ticketed for Erie and for the G-league premium paycheck.

I know what you mean.  It'll be interested to see how this shakes out.  I'll be watching Summer League closely.  

I think the way the Hawks will play it is - if they have plan on bringing them to the big club maybe the following year or after -they'll be on the DL team with the 2-way contracts, otherwise they'll play overseas.  We can still have our 1st round rookies who are on an NBA contracts play some DLeague games throughout the season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just an update to confirm that, thanks to his Summer League setback, Zorba Dorsey won't be part of the Grecian Formula after all.

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurobasket/482548/tyler-dorsey-greek-national-team/

But there will be one player with Hawks rights on this team...

The Greek Basketball Federation announced that preparation of the national team ahead of the EuroBasket will take place without Tyler Dorsey.

Dorsey sustained an ankle injury during an Atlanta Hawks win over the Chicago Bulls in the Las Vegas Summer League and his rehabilitation won’t be completed until mid August as his agent, Chris Emens informed the Federation via a letter. Hence it’s impossible for the player to be able to present in this summer’s ventures.

The Greek-American combo guard was recently signed by the Atlanta Hawks who selected him in the NBA Draft with their 41st overall pick.

Right now the roster of the Greek national team is down to (14) players: Giannis Antetokounmpo, George Papagiannis, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Nick Calathes, Georgios Printezis, Dimitris Agravanis, Vangelis Mantzaris, Kostas Mitoglou, George Bogris, Giannis Bourousis... Kostas Papanikolaou, Ioannis Papapetrou, Nikos Pappas and Kostas Sloukas.

The FIBA schedule for Eurobasket 2017 has Agravanis' Greek team in Group B, while Dennis Schröder's German squad will be in Group A. Pool play begins on August 31.

http://www.fiba.com/eurobasket/2017/fullschedule

~lw3

• Like 1