• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can't Duck the DUI

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/report-hawks-guard-tyler-dorsey-charged-with-driving-under-influence/A45kPuPC79hQ74nNTAPeQM/

Report: Hawks guard Tyler Dorsey charged with driving under the influence

Updated May 29, 2018
Hawks guard Tyler Dorsey was charged with driving under the influence of intoxicants last weekend in Eugene, Ore., according to a report by KVAL.com

KVAL reported that Eugene police allege that Dorsey was driving with his lights off early Saturday morning. 

"The vehicle came to a rolling stop, and then rolled forward again before coming to a complete stop," the police report said, according to KVAL. "Upon speaking with Dorsey, the officer suspected impairment. There was an open container of alcohol on the passenger side floorboard. After an investigation, Dorsey was charged with DUII, Driving without Lights, and Open Container."

~lw3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well.....it's not a Hawks offseason without a  Hawks arrest:facts3:......Bud, Molly Mike, Dwight, Dennis, Bembry, Dorsey....yeeeeeeppp!!

(I'll throw Thabo and Pero in the arrest bucket too).

Don't forget about Plumlee & his weed charge.

• Like 4

I hate this for him and hope he responds well. Alcohol is such a underrated drug. All these players and coaches just bleed money; but instead of taking a thirty dollar cab ride home, they risk their and others lives due to the impaired judgement.

• Like 4

We got our own version of the Late 90s-early Aughts (hate that word with a passion) Portland Trailgangstas.  Not that I would put any money on our squad if in a bar room brawl.  Forgo Greg “The Trick” Anthony was on their squad too.  They had it all.

6 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Bud really was a big influence on Dorsey's early career development.

I owe you for a hearty laugh.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Well.....it's not a Hawks offseason without a  Hawks arrest:facts3:......Bud, Molly Mike, Dwight, Dennis, Bembry, Dorsey....yeeeeeeppp!!

(I'll throw Thabo and Pero in the arrest bucket too).

Kinda crazy too.  The worse thing that happened to the Joe Johnson era Hawks, was when Shelden got robbed.  But I don't remember any of those guys getting in any sort of police trouble.

• Premium Member
On 5/30/2018 at 2:32 PM, Buzzard said:

I hate this for him and hope he responds well. Alcohol is such a underrated drug. All these players and coaches just bleed money; but instead of taking a thirty dollar cab ride home, they risk their and others lives due to the impaired judgement.

Thank you! This is what gets me too, why can’t they Uber/Lyft or even have a friend who can be the DD for the night? I don’t think anyone should ever drive drunk, but when you have money to afford a safe way home it’s even worse.