• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Fought the Law, and I'm Lawson

lethalweapon3

This could be him falling off a cliff with his career or a huge windfall for somebody. He can still play if he doesn't self destruct.

No doubt he's entering his prime now. I think he's the type of guy that's gonna get it together.

Self-destruction!

You're headed for self-destruction ...

Any team trading anything of value for him at this point is in total desperation mode. He hasn't even really shown a desire to play basketball, much less play it at a high level. He was vastly overrated to begin with.

The fascination with him escaped me too. He's beyond useless on defense, guys as short as him should perpetuallay pressure dribble like Mugsy and Boykins.

The most shocking thing about this story is he's on his 3rd DUI, and he still doesn't know he should request a blood test and refuse the field sobriety test. I just listen to sports talk radio and the onslaught of DUI commercials tell me that; surely a NBA player with millions has a lawyer that would have advised him of this? Right?

• Moderators

Nuggets got a few players and first round pick for him.  Not too bad for a distress sale but this will be a coup for Houston if he gets his head on straight.  He can play.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

UPDATE!

I lost track: which DUI was this for? Oh, yeah, that one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-suspends-ty-lawson-2-games-over-drunken-203830915--nba.html

HOUSTON (AP) -- The NBA has suspended Houston Rockets guard Ty Lawson for two games without pay for a drunken-driving case in Colorado.

Lawson will miss home games Saturday against the Los Angeles Clippers and Monday against the Charlotte Hornets.

The former Denver Nuggets guard was charged with drunken driving, speeding and other offenses last January, but pleaded guilty to driving while ability impaired and a lane violation. He faces up to 180 days in jail when he is sentenced Jan. 14.

Lawson also was arrested for drunken driving in Los Angeles in July, about the time he was traded to the Rockets.

I hope Scottie's case takes at least this long to adjudicate!

~lw3

• 2 months later...

Supposedly bought-out today just in time to be able to join a playoff roster, assuming someone wants him.

No word on whether or not he's changing his name to By Lawson

• 1 year later...