• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nuggets

lethalweapon3

Proud of the hustle and the energy but we ran into a strong Denver team at home. Strong game from OO for sure he’s coming. 

Is Hunter being showcased btw? I don’t get this dude. He’s really good when he wants to be on some nights. I wonder if we are trying to showcase D. 

Game closer than score indicated for sure. Let’s bounce back at the house Zion kinda built.

Go Hawks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Proud of the hustle and the energy but we ran into a strong Denver team at home. Strong game from OO for sure he’s coming. 

Is Hunter being showcased btw? I don’t get this dude. He’s really good when he wants to be on some nights. I wonder if we are trying to showcase D. 

Game closer than score indicated for sure. Let’s bounce back at the house Zion kinda built.

Go Hawks!

Nope. Hunter is just terrible playing with injuries or right when coming back from injuries. 

He has looked really good lately so I hope he doesn't have any injuries to throw off his rhythm.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

So you think he’s off the table in trades? 

Yes, there is no one else on the roster with his skillset on both ends. He has actually been playing fantastic on offense the last 6 weeks.

His contract extension before the end of the season makes him hard to trade too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I look at the standings in the west, the first place Denver Nuggets have a 4 1/2 game lead over the #2 team.  Playing them at mile high Denver was bad enough on a Hawk team that had played the night before.  Facing a healthy Nugget team with no Trae Young available, a rested Denver team had a fight on their hands to win last night's game.

Yes, I watched the game.  No, I can't walk and chew gum (watch and post) at the same time.  I can do one or the other, not both.  Hawks actually looked better than I expected.  Being on NBA, I had to listen to the Nuggets announcers.  They, naturally, are Denver fans.  They did have some kind words about some Hawk players from time to time.  Especially AJ Griffin.  They believe he's good!  I agree!

:smug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Nope. Hunter is just terrible playing with injuries or right when coming back from injuries. 

He has looked really good lately so I hope he doesn't have any injuries to throw off his rhythm.

No Hawks player plays well with injuries tbh...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I give our guys a lot of credit.  They fought most of the night and got a TON of bad calls.  They were running us over getting And1’s.  We nearly made it a game.  

For me, it was Jokic literally grabbing both Hunter's wrists but only having it be "out of bounds" off DEN.

Nevermind capela literally camping out for 6 seconds waiting for Jokic to bowl into him for a 'blocking' foul.  

Smh, they're good enough.  They don't need help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

For me, it was Jokic literally grabbing both Hunter's wrists but only having it be "out of bounds" off DEN.

Nevermind capela literally camping out for 6 seconds waiting for Jokic to bowl into him for a 'blocking' foul.  

Smh, they're good enough.  They don't need help.

Those were two of the worst calls.  The other Aaron Gordon shoved either Collins or Hunter and then got the And1 after a blocking call.  There was number of other bad non calls.  

It wasn't this game, but it takes an act of God for Trae to get continuation calls or a shooting foul when he is clearly shooting.  Then CP3 is still getting rip through calls and Derozan draws fouls for a finger tip touching him anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

Btw I have to point that once again teams play their full starters and rosters against us and then sit guys in their next game. The Nuggets sat half their team basically tonight against the TWolves. Pathetic.

Funny what role the media has in things.  On nbaradio this morning, this was described as a "good win for MIN, beating the top team ........ obtw Jokic didn't play, blah, blah..."

Like dude, Jokic not playing is kind of a big deal.  Yeah it was a good win, but don't gloss over that part of it.  And Murray didn't play either.  That's the story.

I dont begrudge dudes getting their money but I now hope they get hammered in the next cba for load mgt.  And I hope the TV money makes them pay for screwing the fans.

If they have to pay players so much money that they can only afford to pay the cheap guys .... because the big money guys need to sit half the year ....  what're we doing?

• Like 2