• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks -- The Home Finale!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

"Get ready to unlearn French, buddy!"

Cody Martin and Seth Curry (sprained ankles) have been shelved-for-the-season since March, as has Mark Williams (back contusion). And we already know this Melo does miss. Weeks before mothballing Ball, the Charlotte Observer's Roderick Boone observed that the star point guard was, "doing just about everything except playing in actual games.” So he'll be the offseason MVP if the post-Lottery results move the Hornets up a couple spots once again.

Boo-Boo Reports are not out since both teams are on SEGABABAs, but the only variable for the Hornets is lightly-used two-way guard Amari Bailey (illness, DNP'd since March 29). Bridges, Miller, Grant Williams and Mann logged between 32-36 minutes in last night's home finale, Bridges and Williams hardly at all in the final quarter, so the core Hornet starters should be a full-go. Charlotte (8-30 in away games) is 1-4 in road SEGABABAs.

As you likely know from this morning's Wojsparkler...

How much Trae will play, if at all, will depend on how much on-court time he can get with the probable Play-In starters, made complex by Jalen Johnson's ankle sprain.

There are five active Serbians in The Association, and 60% of them could share the floor together again, today, if Charlotte's Micic and Pokusevski are joined by the Hawks' Bogi Bogdanovic (45 minutes vs. MIA, 1-for-11 on threes last night to keep The Threak alive at 87). Bogi can move up the All-Time Threak list to 7th place if he sinks a triple in the remaining contests, ahead of Buddy Hield (87 in 2019-21) and Dana Barros (89 in 1994-96).

~lw3

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

El Jefe

It’s what @kg01 makes us call him during a cookout in the sac after a few St. Ides back in the day. 

Cody Martin. Veteran leadership!

Let’s get him or his brother on our team in the next couple of years. I like those cats like the aforementioned sac 👨🏿‍🍳 does.

“Kai Jones.

@JayBirdHawk 👦 for a min.

Nick Richards

Why does dude play and put up stats like Zo of the 🐝 did to us many moons 🌑 ago? Get him on the Hawks too! 😂 

Any vet!!! Thanks @lethalweapon3 beautiful as always! 😊 

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are five active Serbians in The Association, and 60% of them could share the floor together again, today, if Charlotte's Micic and Pokusevski are joined by the Hawks' Bogi Bogdanovic (45 minutes vs. MIA, 1-for-11 on threes last night to keep The Threak alive at 87).

That’s awesome 👏 

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So 3 dudes play 5 positions on the floor? 🤔 Yo I can’t run my 2K sim here with everyone sidelined 😂 yall killin me! 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon squawkers, make it a great game thread tonight. 🤓

I’m ridin live from start to finish with y’all. I’ve had a tough month of life and miss my friends here. 😊 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Don't forget who has our number this season.  Yep.  Them.  Tonight's opponent.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:ahf:

Nick Richards is as strong 💪🏿 against us as Armon “the 🔨 “ Gilliam was back in the day I tell ya.

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now Murray and Hunter are out.  You can't make this shit up. LOLOLOL

(yeah - I know 2 OTs last night)

As soon as I saw that Trae was active, I said to myself . . . now watch DJ be out.

And sure enough . . . lol.

He deserves some rest.  Quin has ran him into the ground these past 5 - 6 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

Your clubhouse leader for tonight's Malachi Flynn Award is Amari Bailey, a two-way who was just Activated after being DNP'd due to illness. Bailey was Out for the last four games but popped into games in five of the prior ten, averaging 3.2 minutes per night. Silent... but deadly? 

~lw3

• Haha 3