• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If you can watch the late 4th through OT and still don't see they need Trae, I'm not sure what to tell you.

The resident know it all disagrees. You won't hear it tonight but just wait til they win again. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not in love with how they stopped playing NBA level basketball for that stretch in the 2nd OT. They clearly let go of the rope. At least Chicago lost tonight as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

DJ with a triple double.  But took 31 shots to score 29 points.

Bogi 4 - 17 FG.  But 1 - 11 from 3 and ( -22 ) for the game

Dre 24 shots to score 23 points

Between those 3, they were only 5 - 6 from the line.

Ugly inefficiency from our top guys tonight.

Bruno and JJ were only efficient guys tonight. As a team they scored 111 pts on 113 shots.

They took 25 MORE shots than Miami and made only 3 more. Were -8 on 3pt makes. Just ugly.

And I get a lot of the ugliness was in that 2nd OT, but that's all the more reason to sub in Bruno and Garrison. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

:ahf:

Great game.  Terrible loss.  Why, in the 2nd overtime, were there no subs by the Hawks?  Dead tired.  Couldn't make a shot.  Yet, knowing this to be true, they kept all the same players on the floor to struggle and miss shot after shot.

Oh, well.  10th place in the east is ours.  Not too bad.  Not great.  Just there.  Will JJ return?  Trae?  

:bb:

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So Garry Bird is the league leader in three point percentage.  Do you want him on the team next year?  

Deep on the bench - yes.  Starting when Hunter is unavailable?  No.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Deep on the bench - yes.  Starting when Hunter is unavailable?  No.

Have you seen this man cook the past few weeks?

"Deep on the bench"?  Who's smokin' more meth, him or you? 😉

Seriously though, he's proven his worth as a bench piece.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Have you seen this man cook the past few weeks?

"Deep on the bench"?  Who's smokin' more meth, him or you? 😉

Seriously though, he's proven his worth as a bench piece.

He has been hot as hell during our 20 games in March and April shooting over 50% from 3pt range.  I think that is unsustainable but that he is an excellent 3pt shooter at his baseline.  What I also think is that this is all he does.  Give him 15 minutes and he'll get to the ft line once, grab 1-2 rebounds, get an assist every couple games, get a block or steal every couple of games, play underwhelming defense, and put up a lot of 0's in any given game.  The value is all about the 3's and those aren't large volume as he'll hit one or two in an average night.  (He averages 1.3 this year and 1.4 for his career).

He will be 28 next year so I don't think there is some big jump happening.  

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Also, JJ's ankle looked bad bad.  Hope he can bounce back quickly.  Dudes might need to invest more in taping ankles or ankle braces or something.  Sheesh. 

Ankles are tough because until you go an extended period without re-injuring it, you are at a big risk to do it again.  Just an anecdote, but I had that for years until I went an extended period without rolling it / spraining it again.  I'll always want some additional support on them to avoid getting back into that situation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Also, JJ's ankle looked bad bad.  Hope he can bounce back quickly.  Dudes might need to invest more in taping ankles or ankle braces or something.  Sheesh. 

no one wears high tops anymore. Dem damn kids....

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Ankles are tough because until you go an extended period without re-injuring it, you are at a big risk to do it again.  Just an anecdote, but I had that for years until I went an extended period without rolling it / spraining it again.  I'll always want some additional support on them to avoid getting back into that situation.

I had this issue in my mid to late 20s while I was in my doctorate program. It was my peak basketball career but I kept rolling ankles every month or so. I knew I was more and more prone to it but I didn't stop playing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I just don't want him going down the 'Grant Hill' ankle injury route.

Extra extra support please....call up Steph's ankle guy.