• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yeah hopefully our backup guard/PF is filled next season with he and Gueye.

We are a real center away in my opinion.  Okungwu and Murray may be on the trade block if Gueye and Kobe develop over the summer

There is a bit more youth with this team, but I’m getting a 2013/2014 Hawks vibe from this team.  We know what kind of jump that team made in 2014/2015 in Bud’s second season.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Great showing by Mountain Man Trae, as evidenced by his unusual +16.  Scrambling around on D, improved POA technique, some high speed off ball runs.   Killed them with the wraparound passes and that 20 foot push shot was choice.  Even had one patient baseline attack score that I always clamor for more of from him.  He took all the defense gave, which is never much with that unit and matching Conley’s floor game is always a chess match.

Love Quin giving the third string some high leverage run versus elite competition.  They weren’t scared at all, lest Kobe’s 12 year old face fool you.  My first time really watching Gueye, has the makings of a solid paint man defender/ hustle player.  Vit always brings the well-traveled, international flavor to his game.  Bruno, the energy, and a bit of craftiness nowadays.  

Trae's improvement from End of December to now has been very noticeable 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

damn Hawks, you couldn't help a brother out and win that game last night?  Would've given our sister team OKC the #2 seed out west.

I'm very, very proud of last night's Hawk team!  WOW!!  

Most of the 4th quarter of the game found Atlanta's starters all resting on the bench.  Remember who we already have out when we see the starting five.  Dang!  Who do we have left to play?

End of the bench players, including rookies, this is who paraded on the floor.  How good were they?  So good that our worthy opponent who ended the night tied for 1st place in the west, found it necessary to play their starters against them.

We, the regular Squawk posters knew who all these players in Hawk uniforms were, but casual fans must have ask, "Who are these guys?"  I just thought, "We're seeing the future on the floor right now."  Did they make mistakes?  Sure.  Did they force mistakes by their opponent?  You bet they did!

Hawks left the final outcome on the free throw line.  Officiating was questionable by both teams.  Notice, late in the game, how our opponent had to challenge the calls?  Both teams had players with a high # of fouls, yet no one fouled out.  Tell me again how many foul shots that our beloved Hawk team missed.  Give me those points to add to the final points that we had.  Then we win!

For once I didn't mind that we lost this game.  We scared our worthy opponent with our 3rd string so bad that they had to play their starters and then, with the final outcome in question, managed to squeak by.  I'm so very proud of our Hawk team!!

😍😍😍

• Like 1

Why it doesn't really matter.  If Atlanta wins their last two games, where will they be in the standings?  10th place.  If Atlanta loses these last two games of the season, where will they be in the standings?  10th place.  They can't move up or down.

What really matters was resting our present starters and seeing our other players as they finished the game...

:smug:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae's improvement from End of December to now has been very noticeable 

Eh, he’s always up and down with his approach possession to possession, game to game.  Granted I took a hiatus from the Hawks after the first Clippers loss on 2/5 where they gave up 149 in regulation, I had enough.  Didn’t tune back until the first Celtics win, knowing the Hawks would still tread around .500 without him.

Basketball Reference really loved his game last night tho, one of the biggest metrics jumps I’ve seen from him, now at +.3 on/off.  Hopefully he can keep it after Sunday, a negative on/off from him on this roster is totally unacceptable.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Eh, he’s always up and down with his approach possession to possession, game to game.  Granted I took a hiatus from the Hawks after the first Clippers loss on 2/5 where they gave up 149 in regulation, I had enough.  Didn’t tune back until the first Celtics win, knowing the Hawks would still tread around .500 without him.

Basketball Reference really loved his game last night tho, one of the biggest metrics jumps I’ve seen from him, now at +.3 on/off.  Hopefully he can keep it after Sunday, a negative on/off from him on this roster is totally unacceptable.

His feel for the game will always be questionable and he's not a floor general but he's an impact player and an offensive juggernaut with the ball in his hands. His BBIQ has improved so much under Quin. He's always had world class awareness. 

Edited by NBASupes