• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Fought the Law, and I'm Lawson

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

~lw3

• Moderators

Hey, we all make mistakes three times...

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2015/1/23/7878485/ty-lawson-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dui

To compound the issue, the Nuggets had their annual charity punch bowl social last night, which Ty was definitely attending...

This is not a good look for Ty, and something that deserves serious attention. This would be Ty Lawson's THIRD driving while impaired issue dating all the way back to when he was in college at the University of North Carolina.

~lw3

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Things to Do in Denver When You're Drunk?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/14/ty-lawson-arrested-dui-los-angeles/

(Oh, he was in Cali. Talking about weed with TMZ. That's nice.)

Denver Nuggets star Ty Lawson got busted for DUI in Los Angeles last night -- his second DUI arrest this year.

TMZ Sports has learned Lawson was pulled over by CHP for speeding on the 101 Freeway early this morning ... and officers determined he showed signs of intoxication ... so they gave him a field sobriety test.

Didn't go so good for Lawson. He was arrested around 2:30 AM.

We actually spoke to Lawson as he and his GF Ashley King (former "Bad Girls Club" star) were leaving Le Jardin nightclub in Hollywood -- moments before they jumped on the freeway. Interesting ... we talked marijuana with him.

He's still in jail right now. His bail's been set at $5,000.

Lawson was also charged with a DUI in Denver, back in January.

~lw3

If they can't find any takers, they may just have to cut him ala Josh Smith.

Don't want his toxicity rubbing off on young players.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Self-destruction!

You're headed for self-destruction ...

Any team trading anything of value for him at this point is in total desperation mode.  He hasn't even really shown a desire to play basketball, much less play it at a high level.  He was vastly overrated to begin with.

Self-destruction!

You're headed for self-destruction ...

Any team trading anything of value for him at this point is in total desperation mode. He hasn't even really shown a desire to play basketball, much less play it at a high level. He was vastly overrated to begin with.

I disagree. I think if you're Houston you make a move for him. You have Beverley and Prigioni, they need a pg badly, and now can probably get Lawson for peanuts. I think he will straighten himself out once he's out of mile high.

John Lucas II would be really useful for him there.

~lw3

Haha indeed... Didn't he fix Lloyd(playground legend aka sweet pea) Daniels back in the day with the Spurs? Edited by Spud2Nique

I disagree. I think if you're Houston you make a move for him. You have Beverley and Prigioni, they need a pg badly, and now can probably get Lawson for peanuts. I think he will straighten himself out once he's out of mile high.

Yeah, but why trade for a player the Nuggs will likely have to release?  Lawson would have to make some significant life changes for me to even consider him.  They sell alcohol everywhere.  DEN?  HOU?  Makes no difference if you're an addict.  If he hasn't straightened himself out by now, after 3 DUIs (that we know of), don't look for him to do it on his own.

Yeah, but why trade for a player the Nuggs will likely have to release? Lawson would have to make some significant life changes for me to even consider him. They sell alcohol everywhere. DEN? HOU? Makes no difference if you're an addict. If he hasn't straightened himself out by now, after 3 DUIs (that we know of), don't look for him to do it on his own.

That maybe true but it could also be his surroundings (his girlfriend and Denver) Cut those two loose and start fresh in Houston. I just think Morey and McHale could do wonders for him. He's still a young guy so he can change imo.

• Moderators

Yeah, but why trade for a player the Nuggs will likely have to release?  Lawson would have to make some significant life changes for me to even consider him.  They sell alcohol everywhere.  DEN?  HOU?  Makes no difference if you're an addict.  If he hasn't straightened himself out by now, after 3 DUIs (that we know of), don't look for him to do it on his own.

You trade for him because someone is going to to and if you don't give more than them you won't get him.

I agree the DUIs are a bad sign, but someone will take a stab at him.  He needs to get into a new environment ASAP.

That maybe true but it could also be his surroundings (his girlfriend and Denver) Cut those two loose and start fresh in Houston. I just think Morey and McHale could do wonders for him. He's still a young guy so he can change imo.

Perhaps.  Color me skeptical though.

You trade for him because someone is going to to and if you don't give more than them you won't get him.

I agree the DUIs are a bad sign, but someone will take a stab at him.  He needs to get into a new environment ASAP.

You're probably right (do I detect a tone in that 1st sentence? Hmm).  It's not like he'll be blackballed.  Still, what teams are interested in a PG at this point that didn't pick up one in the draft?  PHI?  Not likely.  HOU could be bidding against themselves.

• Moderators

If you ask someone at the club what they do and they say, "Oh, I'm a former reality-show star!", RUN. Do not walk.

(EDIT: Also, this other incident was a whole two years ago... http://madamenoire.com/293128/pregnant-bgc-star-ashley-king-and-nba-boyfriend-ty-lawson-arrested-over-domestic-violence-incident/)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

If you ask someone at the club what they do and they say, "Oh, I'm a former reality-show star!", RUN. Do not walk.

(EDIT: Also, this other incident was a whole two years ago... http://madamenoire.com/293128/pregnant-bgc-star-ashley-king-and-nba-boyfriend-ty-lawson-arrested-over-domestic-violence-incident/)

~lw3

Exactly, which is why Harden might be in trouble...

Nuggets done with Ty Lawson?

Mitch Lawrence: Denver Nuggets considering waiving Ty Lawson after latest DUI arrest, per #NBA sources.Lawson has two years, $25.6 mil left on contract. 

– via Twitter Mitch_Lawrence

Ty Lawson, Denver Nuggets