• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

No, you were indicating that you didn't think he would get worse which you finally admitted.  So why making a post like you didn't insinuate it.  I have time too so let's go all day. 

It doesn't bother me if you don't think Trae will get better. I'm asking you questions to understand your reasoning. 

You also didn't respond to the below. 

Trust me you'll talk yourself into circles before I will.  Like you just did. 

Mortal Kombat Finish Him GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

I dont think he will be worst but he wont be better than he is currently now. That bothers you

The reason it doesn't bother anyone is because it doesn't make sense.  Even Marvin Williams was a better player at 28 than he was at 24.  They call it "prime" for a reason.   Marco asked you to cite an example because if there really were an example, it would give your position some  stability.   Notice what I'm saying (and probably Marco too), it's OK to hate Trae.. Hell, Most of NY does.  But in your Blind Hate for Trae, stop pulling dumb stuff out as if it were factual and in some cases even possible.   Your position is losing credibility. 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The reason it doesn't bother anyone is because it doesn't make sense.  Even Marvin Williams was a better player at 28 than he was at 24.  They call it "prime" for a reason.   Marco asked you to cite an example because if there really were an example, it would give your position some  stability.   Notice what I'm saying (and probably Marco too), it's OK to hate Trae.. Hell, Most of NY does.  But in your Blind Hate for Trae, stop pulling dumb stuff out as if it were factual and in some cases even possible.   Your position is losing credibility. 

@Diesel - I asked Stone, you and others to stop making this personal.  Respond to his post - avoid targeting him personally.  You know the routine.  No need to label him as someone with "blind hate" etc.  Just show why the position isn't well supported, etc. if that is what you think of what he posted.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

So you have no empirical evidence to back up your argument which is why I'm asking what other player comps you are basing your opinion in.

Nothing you said above bothers me. 

I'm not an 11 fan. I'm a Hawks fan. If they decide to move on from Trae, I'd still be here rooting for the Hawks. 

Deron Williams, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard, Stephon Starbury, Tyreke Evans. Thats just off the top of the dome. I can go on and on about players who hit their stride early and leveled out. You're a casual bball fan cant believe im going back and forth with you. This is like talking to a 2k head. But the mod here told me to chill for the most part because he thinks I'm trolling so I'm gonna ease on the back and forth. We've gone away from Hawks at this point. 

57 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Deron Williams, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard, Stephon Starbury, Tyreke Evans. Thats just off the top of the dome. I can go on and on about players who hit their stride early and leveled out. You're a casual bball fan cant believe im going back and forth with you. This is like talking to a 2k head. But the mod here told me to chill for the most part because he thinks I'm trolling so I'm gonna ease on the back and forth. We've gone away from Hawks at this point. 

We are talking Hawks.

Are you sure these players didn't have injuries?

Dwight was def injury related and he was never quick. So how does that support your argument?

Tyrese Evans had one season over 20 points per game if my memory serves. So how was he considered a star.

Deron Williams wasn't that injury related and he lost the ability to shoot anything? Was he ever an all NBA player?

Kevin Love - when was he ever super athletic and he was not quick as Chris Paul or Trae Young currently is. Also 27 and 28 wasn't he with LBJ and playing a different role?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We are talking Hawks.

Dwight was def injury related and he was never quick. So how does that support your argument?

Tyrese Evans had one season over 20 points per game if my memory serves. So how was he considered a star.

Deron Williams wasn't that injury related and he lost the ability to shoot anything? Was he ever an all NBA player?

Kevin Love - when was he ever super athletic and he was not quick as Chris Paul or Trae Young currently is. Also 27 and 28 wasn't he with LBJ and playing a different role?

Also these guys (except Tyreke who had a drug problem) were still making Allstar teams.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Also these guys (except Tyreke who had a drug problem) were still making Allstar teams.

IN the case of Dwight, he went to play with Kobe.   I think his attempts dropped from like 14 to 10.   That has nothing to do with Athleticism.  It has to do with Playing with Kobe.   The same is true with Love and Lebron.  Love was the man in Minny...   I guess if you want to pull Bosh out of your hindparts, you can but the same happened when he played with Lebron. 

You just can't throw names out without looking at the situation. 

Here's Bosh talking about what was happening to Kevin Love at the time he played with Lebron.

“Yeah, it’s a lot more difficult taking a step back, because you’re used to doing something a certain way and getting looks a certain way. And then it’s like, well, no, for the benefit of the team, you have to get it here.”

“It’s going to be very difficult for him. Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn’t make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It’s extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He’s going to have to deal with that.”

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

IN the case of Dwight, he went to play with Kobe.   I think his attempts dropped from like 14 to 10.   That has nothing to do with Athleticism.  It has to do with Playing with Kobe.   The same is true with Love and Lebron.  Love was the man in Minny...   I guess if you want to pull Bosh out of your hindparts, you can but the same happened when he played with Lebron. 

You just can't throw names out without looking at the situation. 

Here's Bosh talking about what was happening to Kevin Love at the time he played with Lebron.

Dwight I think also had a back injury.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We are talking Hawks.

image.png.65b5a7843de057e8bc6f2ebd43645ccf.pngyou be pushing that goal post back. No they were not injured at 27. Definitely dont recall any of that. You asked me what stars I gave you stars. Now you're directly comparing them to Rayford with speed. With Rayford his speed is his top strength. Of course Love wasn't fast but he was a scorer, a banger, a rebounding machine. 

No Deron Williams certainly was not injured playing for team USA at 27 lol. 

No Dwight Howard was not injured leaving Orlando in his prime. 

I will say you have been entertaining for me. Im not a casual bud. I dont play nba2k 

Its been fun, sport.

Lets go Hawks! Holla at me in new game thread ✌️

3 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

image.png.65b5a7843de057e8bc6f2ebd43645ccf.pngyou be pushing that goal post back. No they were not injured at 27. Definitely dont recall any of that. You asked me what stars I gave you stars. Now you're directly comparing them to Rayford with speed. With Rayford his speed is his top strength. Of course Love wasn't fast but he was a scorer, a banger, a rebounding machine. 

No Deron Williams certainly was not injured playing for team USA at 27 lol. 

No Dwight Howard was not injured leaving Orlando in his prime. 

I will say you have been entertaining for me. Im not a casual bud. I dont play nba2k 

Its been fun, sport.

Lets go Hawks! Holla at me in new game thread ✌️

No I'm at the game. I will be back with you tonight.