• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Naw!  We love to add new voices to the Squawk.  Old timers here have been through all the bad stuff that makes up the Hawks past.  We are well aware of all the bad teams and the bad years.  We remember that 13 win season.

We like positive posts about our current team.  We don't believe we have another 13 win season now.  Sure, this Hawk teasm has faults.  Every NBA team has their own.  No one is exempt.

When you do nothing but critisize, this bitter food is hard to swallow.  If you must, try to season your words with something good.  The bad is always easy to find.  Everyone knows about it.  Search for that good nugget.  After all, this Hawk team is in 1st place in their division!

Welcome all new Squawk posters!  Have a good thought and share it!!

😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I really don’t need an ego boost.  A lot of long term regulars on here.  Most new people are welcomed.

Someone new who comes in attacking a player and others without much positive to say needs to be called out.  You are coming across like a troll.  Read @Alf’s posts as a new user and compare with yours. 

But I think I've been here for a year? I dont know how to tell. You must certainly be Rayfords father. I've heard stories about he doesn't like people criticizing his son. So if you are Rayford's father as a user on this board, I do not apologize. Suck it up, put your big boy undies on and deal with it. Ignore my posts. Its really easy do. Im a Hawks fan not a Rayford fan and if I want to critique his play as the leader then I will. image.png.f96c06081ba81b35c166e2dbb1bc6a12.png

Lets go Hawks!

image.png

Edited by StonedDogs
Spelling
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Geez, I see you small core of really dont like new users. You definitely hate a critique if it comes to your favorite player. I didn't like like Josh Smith, Dennis, Marvin, coach woodson, all of the GMs but Im still a fan of the team. I bet you were feeling yourself though with that post. You even got a few trophies, still trying to figure it out. I wont mention Trae name from here on out Lord Hawk users 

Is it new users?  Or is it guys who come on here for one purpose??

It's interesting... After team wins, I don't ever see your posts?  I be looking for Bonkers but I guess he posts as his alter ego?  Terrell is the only one who has enough heart to hang around but he gets the side eye because he is always back and fourth with his loyalty.  One minute (when we're losing) he hates Trae.. then when Trae brings us out and we win... He talks about how well Trae played...   This is why It's hard for people to respect T and to respect the rest of yall.   At least you guys have the decency to disappear and not face the music when the player you hate has a great game.  Like the other night, he put up 30 and 14 in a Hawks win...  where were you Stonedog?  Probably had to go to the store right?

Here's your problem..  You don't keep that same energy...

Now... we are about to go on a run... maybe a 15 -20 game win streak with Trae leading the pack.  I will be looking for you to keep that same energy.  I will call you out... daily... and this will be the sign..

Best Gnoupaladin 4580 GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StonedDogs said:

But I think I've been here for a year? I dont know how to tell. You must certainly be Rayfords father. I've heard stories about he doesn't like people criticizing his son. So if you are Rayford's father as a user on this board, I do not apologize. Suck it up, put your big boy undies on and deal with it. Ignore my posts. Its really easy do. Im a Hawks fan not a Rayford fan and if I want to critique his play as the leader then I will. image.png.f96c06081ba81b35c166e2dbb1bc6a12.png

Lets go Hawks!

image.png

What star player do you know in their prime years of 27 and 28 get worse? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Please keep the focus on the Hawks and the actual discussion and not on whether other posters have an agenda or are grinding an axe, etc.  We all take that bait at times but in the end the discussion of a poster's motives just stirs up drama and conflict on the board.  We only get a sliver of one another when interacting online so let's not get too far into assigning bad intentions to others, especially when we don't have a better insight into their thinking.

I.e., focus on the post, not the poster.

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Is it new users?  Or is it guys who come on here for one purpose??

It's interesting... After team wins, I don't ever see your posts?  I be looking for Bonkers but I guess he posts as his alter ego?  Terrell is the only one who has enough heart to hang around but he gets the side eye because he is always back and fourth with his loyalty.  One minute (when we're losing) he hates Trae.. then when Trae brings us out and we win... He talks about how well Trae played...   This is why It's hard for people to respect T and to respect the rest of yall.   At least you guys have the decency to disappear and not face the music when the player you hate has a great game.  Like the other night, he put up 30 and 14 in a Hawks win...  where were you Stonedog?  Probably had to go to the store right?

Here's your problem..  You don't keep that same energy...

Now... we are about to go on a run... maybe a 15 -20 game win streak with Trae leading the pack.  I will be looking for you to keep that same energy.  I will call you out... daily... and this will be the sign..

Best Gnoupaladin 4580 GIFs | Gfycat

I have receipts now. You cant play me. I could have sworn there is a post by me in the last Hawks Magic game. And I gave Rayford his flowers. Cmon now give yourself a chance

25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What star player do you know in their prime years of 27 and 28 get worse? 

Again my dude, quote me where I said Rayford will get worst by 27. Find the quote then we will move forward. One of you in here is Rayford dad's burner account. Im gonna get down to the bottom and find out who. Its you, Diesel or SPUD2NIQUE 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:22 AM, StonedDogs said:

You didn't waste your time but how long will Hawks fans hold to to "almost"?

How long will you talk about two years ago? It was fun. It was a unique season watching basketball in July. But its over, no more Hawks creeping up on teams. Last year they looked bad with a full regular season

This year the Heat still shut him down with no players in regular season. You have to admit he has to learn the game more. You honestly think you can build around him and win. I disagree. I didn't say trade him for a team first Dudley do right but you can pick up two all stars. Maybe a top draft pick. Some money build. Im just not building around a 6'0 160lb guard who dont play defense. Once his speed slows around 27, 28 what does he become? 

CP3 has no ring and got closer than Trae playing out West with a much better team than the Hawks. It aint easy as you make it with your "almost" talk. You guys have to be honest with yourselves. Like Kuz said, build around Bol Bol. 

image.png

6 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Again my dude, quote me where I said Rayford will get worst by 27. Find the quote then we will move forward. One of you in here is Rayford dad's burner account. Im gonna get down to the bottom and find out who. Its you, Diesel or SPUD2NIQUE 

Does he become better or worse? Because you surely weren't indicating he would be better. By all means, please correct me if you were insinuating he would be better here. 

Edited by marco102

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

I just asked people to stop focusing on posters and to respond to the substance of the posts instead.  Please do that.  @StonedDogs

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Does he become better or worse? Because you surely weren't indicating he would be better. By all means, please correct me if you were insinuating he would be better here. 

Yeah bud I was talking about his speed and agility. Its kinda his biggest advantage. His speed. CP3 had speed, but when he hit 28 it dropped off and he had to adjust his game which translated well with a faster more athletic nba. 

Rayford is going to lose his speed while the league gets faster and more athletic and longer players. My point was he will have to adjust his game. Does he have the mental to do so? Does he have the mental to do so today which is all I was saying. If he cant do it today then what will he be at 28 when he can no longer dribble past his defender?

No where in my comment did you read I said he will be a worst player than he is today. 

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Again my dude, quote me where I said Rayford will get worst by 27. Find the quote then we will move forward.

Can we start here?

You said...

The way I see it, our window is three years with Trae. By 27 and 28 he will not have that explosive speed he has now. Games wear down on you and he is not a physical specimen like a Jordan or Lebron. And he's not a sniper like Curry or Miller. 

When you wrote these words...  What did you mean when you said... "our window is three years with Trae"

When you said he's not a physical specimen like Jordan or Lebron  nor is he a sniper like Curry and Miller... what are you alluding to?

Are you suggesting that his skills will diminish (no explosive speed like he has now) and he doesn't have anything else to keep him at the level of play that he's on now??

Maybe you share an account with your children and didn't know what they posted in your name??   If not.. Here's your sign.

10 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Yeah bud I was talking about his speed and agility. Its kinda his biggest advantage. His speed. CP3 had speed, but when he hit 28 it dropped off and he had to adjust his game which translated well with a faster more athletic nba. 

Rayford is going to lose his speed while the league gets faster and more athletic and longer players. My point was he will have to adjust his game. Does he have the mental to do so? Does he have the mental to do so today which is all I was saying. If he cant do it today then what will he be at 28 when he can no longer dribble past his defender?

No where in my comment did you read I said he will be a worst player than he is today. 

Everything above indicates you don't think he gets better. You think his speed will decrease which will lead to the league catching up to him.

Does that make him a better or worse player if he slows down and the league gets more athletic. 

Maybe you aren't saying what you think you are saying.  You surely aren't saying he is getting better at 27 and 28.

Did Chris Paul speed drop off at 28?  Was that injury related? I don't think it did.

Edited by marco102

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Everything above indicates you don't think he gets better. You think his speed will decrease which will lead to the league catching up to him.

Does that make him a better or worse player if he slows down and the league gets more athletic. 

Maybe you aren't saying what you think you are saying.  You surely aren't saying he is getting better at 27 and 28.

Did Chris Paul speed drop off at 28?  Was that injury related? I don't think it did.

You and Diesel are in shambles right now. Yall are really bent on #11. I Love it

image.png.25ad89bd949f6554b7a235738f98f0d4.png

LETS GO HAWKS!

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Can we start here?

You said...

When you wrote these words...  What did you mean when you said... "our window is three years with Trae"

When you said he's not a physical specimen like Jordan or Lebron  nor is he a sniper like Curry and Miller... what are you alluding to?

Are you suggesting that his skills will diminish (no explosive speed like he has now) and he doesn't have anything else to keep him at the level of play that he's on now??

Maybe you share an account with your children and didn't know what they posted in your name??   If not.. Here's your sign.

Save this post, come back in three years image.png.8a708a2d747b23a632bbd7518244aba7.png

Just now, marco102 said:

You are not answering my question. 

It's pretty simple.  Do you think Trae Young will be a better player at 27 and 28 than he is now?

Absolutely not. 

4 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Save this post, come back in three years image.png.8a708a2d747b23a632bbd7518244aba7.png

Absolutely not. 

1 hour ago, StonedDogs said:

Then why make this post?

It also brings me back to my original question.  What star player do you know who gets worse in their prime years of 27 and 28?  When it's not injury related?

Edited by marco102

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Then why make this post?

Because its my opinion on what I think is to come when today looks the way it does in my eyes. You think he will get better and I dont, simply instance of two people disagreeing. I can move on but the fact it may be true bothers you for some reason. I can play this back and forth with you all day sport. I have the time

3 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Because its my opinion on what I think is to come when today looks the way it does in my eyes. You think he will get better and I dont, simply instance of two people disagreeing. I can move on but the fact it may be true bothers you for some reason. I can play this back and forth with you all day sport. I have the time

No, you were indicating that you didn't think he would get worse which you finally admitted.  So why making a post like you didn't insinuate it.  I have time too so let's go all day. 

It doesn't bother me if you don't think Trae will get better. I'm asking you questions to understand your reasoning. 

You also didn't respond to the below. 

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It also brings me back to my original question.  What star player do you know who gets worse in their prime years of 27 and 28?  When it's not injury related?

Trust me you'll talk yourself into circles before I will.  Like you just did. 

Edited by marco102

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No, you were indicating that you didn't think he would get worse which you finally admitted.  So why making a post like you didn't insinuate it.  I have time too so let's go all day. 

It doesn't bother me if you don't think Trae will get better. I'm asking you questions to understand your reasoning. 

You also didn't respond to the below. 

Trust me you'll talk yourself into circles before I will.  Like you just did. 

Im not talking about other players Im talking about Rayford. Why do you want to know about other star players? Once again I dont think he will be better by 27 or 28. I dont think he will be worst but he wont be better than he is currently now. That bothers you. He won't be an olympian either. That bothers you. I haven't even mentioned the defense. Yes, that goes along with your attributes as well. If he cant play defense now is he gonna get better the older he gets? I look at this currents Hawks build through a different lens than you and that bothers you. I dont know what to tell ya my dude. Just save this post and in three yrs if I am wrong then you can tag me in every post with you were right, but until then you're gonna have to enjoy the product you have and be the biggest #11 fan you can be. image.png.3d60340fe563a1f5935a30ee40489d4d.png

4 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Im not talking about other players Im talking about Rayford. Why do you want to know about other star players? Once again I dont think he will be better by 27 or 28. I dont think he will be worst but he wont be better than he is currently now. That bothers you. He won't be an olympian either. That bothers you. I haven't even mentioned the defense. Yes, that goes along with your attributes as well. If he cant play defense now is he gonna get better the older he gets? I look at this currents Hawks build through a different lens than you and that bothers you. I dont know what to tell ya my dude. Just save this post and in three yrs if I am wrong then you can tag me in every post with you were right, but until then you're gonna have to enjoy the product you have and be the biggest #11 fan you can be. image.png.3d60340fe563a1f5935a30ee40489d4d.png

So you have no empirical evidence to back up your argument which is why I'm asking what other player comps you are basing your opinion in.

Nothing you said above bothers me. 

I'm not an 11 fan. I'm a Hawks fan. If they decide to move on from Trae, I'd still be here rooting for the Hawks. 

• Like 1