• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Watching the 1st 4 minutes and I can't lie, JJ is extremely impressive next to Capela. Caught me off guard. Impressed with Culver too but moreso as a rotational guy

JJ and Culver were really good last night. AJ his usual self with more opportunities.  

I wouldn't mind seeing JJ start and JC come off the bench. 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Impressive enough to displace Collins at the 4?

:stirthepot:

Yes. IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Impressive enough to displace Collins at the 4?

:stirthepot:

Knicks are imploding.. Any JC trade with them make sense? Theyll be desperate for a change soon...

Let me hop on trade machine.. lol

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Watching the 1st 4 minutes and I can't lie, JJ is extremely impressive next to Capela. Caught me off guard. Impressed with Culver too but moreso as a rotational guy

Passing is an underrated stat. To have a elite offense (when it counts) you need passing and ball movers.

Our starting lineup has 2 passers and no ball movers.

Hunter, Collins and Capela can't pass or move the ball. This is a big reason why our offense is bad imo. Trae and Murray can't give any of those 3 guys the ball to do anything other then shoot.

We have to let JJ have the ball more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

8 minutes in, JJ looking really good on offense. I like how Murray is running things. Jamal Murray is killing us tho. Griffin is just so damn versatile offensively which we already know

AJ is a starter in this league real soon.. Cant keep this kid on the bench for long..

I don't post as often as many of you, mainly because, while my fandom is passionate and long-serving, I don't fancy myself as fully educated on the nuances of the game as many of you.  So, I post cheer-leading type entries, some arcane in-game stats that I notice, and memes/gifs! 
Last night, I almost posted before the game, "How come undermanned teams come in and beat the Hawks but we never seem to be able to win a game when we're undermanned?  Why shouldn't we get two or three of those per season, starting tonight against Denver?"
Alas, I did not, and am left to pander for plaudits after the fact...

21 minutes ago, terrell said:

Passing is an underrated stat. To have a elite offense (when it counts) you need passing and ball movers.

Our starting lineup has 2 passers and no ball movers.

Hunter, Collins and Capela can't pass or move the ball. This is a big reason why our offense is bad imo. Trae and Murray can't give any of those 3 guys the ball to do anything other then shoot.

We have to let JJ have the ball more.

I think that may be the solution for the 2nd unit, to free up Dejounte to get shots in better locations, or for him to make the extra pass to another player that can score.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I will keep saying this but we got two potential starting SGs with Bogi and Griffin. If KAT is available, we need to jump on that with Murray going to Minnesota and we become better long term.

Turn off the trade machine man and let this play out. Capela has been really good for us this season. Unless you want KAT and his nondefensive self at the 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

The 4th quarter offense has been terrible.  That's on the coaches and players.  

You have to determine if that is a rotational issue or a fatigue issue.   I think our coaching staff does a pretty good job of keeping a consistent rotation... So it's really hard to blame it on the coach unless there is some adjustments that are not being made.   The problem is that I watched the games.   The main problem has been that shots are just not falling.   Who do you blame?   We have guys who get wide open looks.. wide open looks that they may have hit before... and they just don't hit them.  

Last night, what was different is that when Denver made it's push and got the game to 1, DJM stepped up and started hitting shots.  IN other games, the same thing happened and he didn't hit the shots.  So again.. who do you blame?

• Like 3

At the 3:23 mark. JJ might have had one of the most impressive reads of the game to Capela for a dunk

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Turn off the trade machine man and let this play out. Capela has been really good for us this season. Unless you want KAT and his nondefensive self at the 4.

I want KAT at the 5 and OO at the 4. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Nope you got me wrong. Denver’s defensive effort was low this game. That doesn’t mean the Hawks offense wasn’t good. I gave a reason why this game their defensive effort was low and that is because they probably game planned for Trae and when he wasn’t there, they didn’t make the adjustment to the new guys. That’s different than saying the are a bad defensive team overall. I am one that is on record saying I think this one of the best Hawks team ever and they will need time to gel and they seem to be doing that more and more. The only thing that gives this team fits is when they run up against a scrappy high effort team. Conversely, when we are scrappy and high effort for 48 mins, other team don’t stand a chance. No need to call me a Joker either. It is not an excuse for a win, it is the fact that we took advantage of a weakness they had that night. That’s what good teams do. 

I appreciate you saying that.. it sounded like you were making excuses for our wins... something that T likes to do.   However, I think Denver was scrappy last night.  Especially when they got our lead down to 1.  They got guys like Bones and Brown that were putting up a very good effort... I just think we held the course.    Not once but we had to hold the course at the end of the third and the middle of the 4th.   It was a good win that shows the possibilities...especially if Griff Money keeps maturing.

Just now, marco102 said:

Looks like Murray's fit with Capela was not a problem last night.  He even got a lob up to him. 

He wasn't playing with Trae. You had more spacing take cover for Clint. It helped Denver didn't read the scouting report on Culver