• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Very true.  The Dre and JC combo has been my biggest fit issue with the personnel.  Would love to see the other guys provide a spark the next couple weeks.  

Culver is waaaayyyyyyy better than I expected.  

You know what’s really interesting no one has ever really mentioned these two together as a fit issue that I’ve seen….that’s a really interesting take.

im glad we are going to get the chance to see if the fit of Hunter and Collins is an issue with Trae, Murray, & Capela overall.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I've been really impressed with Culver's defense and ability to get to the rim.  He still is a terrible shooter, but he knows what his game is and sticks to that.  We just need guys that hustle out there with Trae and Murray.

JC brings the enegery.

Hunter is just solid. That's not a bad things, but he's not a big hustler.

Yeah. Culver does bring energy.  I was watching him on defense.   He does something really cool.. he shades his player before the ball comes.   Basically blocking any passing lane.  Hunter tends to play defense after the ball gets there.   Culver is playing defense before the ball swings that way. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

You know what’s really interesting no one has ever really mentioned these two together as a fit issue that I’ve seen….that’s a really interesting take.

im glad we are going to get the chance to see if the fit of Hunter and Collins is an issue with Trae, Murray, & Capela overall.

I think somebody else hit the nail on the head with JC.   JJ is a better Ball handler.  JC is not a great ball handler and therefore he doesn't dribble through well. 

Hunter can dribble, he's just doesn't put fourth the effort that we have seen from Culver.  We have a few more games to watch of Culver, it will be interesting.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

That was my biggest question mark for this season. Capela, Hunter, and JC are all horrific passers. Then you add in the fact that Hunter barely moves off ball and that JC's game is neutered by Capela. Just don't see how it can work in the long run because of the low versatility

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Some may attribute the ball movement to Trae being out.  That does have a little to do with it, but JJ, Culver and Griffin are willing ball movers and cutters.

That made a lot of difference tonight.  There was player and ball movement!

Yeah this isn’t about Trae buying into team ball as much as replacing the minutes of Collins and Dre with guys who can dribble, pass, and be active in passing lanes.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah. Culver does bring energy.  I was watching him on defense.   He does something really cool.. he shades his player before the ball comes.   Basically blocking any passing lane.  Hunter tends to play defense after the ball gets there.   Culver is playing defense before the ball swings that way. 

Great take! Two different defensive philosophies we are seeing but both guys have shown good defense so far. Hunter gets called for way more fouls but they seem very unfair. 
Culver is definitely playing the off ball defender better than Dre with more purpose to deny his opponents from even touching the ball where as Dre isn’t really denying his opponents from getting the ball at all and almost daring them to challenge him defensively.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

That was my biggest question mark for this season. Capela, Hunter, and JC are all horrific passers. Then you add in the fact that Hunter barely moves off ball and that JC's game is neutered by Capela. Just don't see how it can work in the long run because of the low versatility

Exactly... Ive Been saying it for a while...

39 minutes ago, terrell said:

WTF does this have to do with the Hawks?

I never said we were better without Trae.. smh

Dre and JC is who needs to be replaced imo...Said it all week when they were injured. that wed have better ball movement passing and overall activity.. Had nothing to do with Trae....

All I said is we beat 2 top teams without him, and you flipped out.. lol

Why are you making these wild assumptions?

You stated a fact:  The Hawks are 2 - 0 without Trae this year

I stated a fact:  The Hawks are trying to be like the Grizzlies without Morant, by winning without their star PG

I wasn't mad that you said the Hawks were 2 - 0 without Trae. So why are you all up the creek about my statement?

LOL @ I flipped out . . . hahaha.

Reminds me of this little girl arguing with her brother, talking calm at her . . while she's screaming.  Then she has the nerve to say "stop screaming at me".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

AJG’s polish on offense is really remarkable. He is the 3rd youngest player in the league and does stuff off the dribble that nobody on this team can do besides Trae...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think somebody else hit the nail on the head with JC.   JJ is a better Ball handler.  JC is not a great ball handler and therefore he doesn't dribble through well. 

Hunter can dribble, he's just doesn't put fourth the effort that we have seen from Culver.  We have a few more games to watch of Culver, it will be interesting.

Yeah those points have been mentioned about both players on what they are and are not good at. But I’ve never seen any one really question these two in particular fit with the starting lineup. 

when that conversation about FIT comes up it’s always a discussion about Trae & Murray or JC & Murray  or Murray & Capela or JC & Capela or any other combination of Trae, Murray, Collins, Capela but I’ve never heard anyone question the fit of specifically HUNTER & COLLINS in the starting 5.

I think it’s a very interesting take and it may be answered over the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why are you making these wild assumptions?

You stated a fact:  The Hawks are 2 - 0 without Trae this year

I stated a fact:  The Hawks are trying to be like the Grizzlies without Morant, by winning without their star PG

I wasn't mad that you said the Hawks were 2 - 0 without Trae. So why are you all up the creek about my statement?

LOL @ I flipped out . . . hahaha.

Reminds me of this little girl arguing with her brother, talking calm at her . . while she's screaming.  Then she has the nerve to say "stop screaming at me".

download.jpg.90eb5c05b9dc186194b646786afe9e4b.jpg

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

AJG’s polish on offense is really remarkable. He is the 3rd youngest player in the league and does stuff off the dribble that nobody on this team can do besides Trae and Murray.

Fixed. 

but yeah those 3 guys can go get buckets on their own. Can’t remember the last time the hawks had 3 guys who can go get a bucket without help.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Like 2 pages ago you insinuated Trae sat out pouting.  Then went down the 'beat so-and-so' without Trae road.  Then you snap at him when you assumed he called you out on your insinuations.

The whole thing is weird to read from afar.  What you're ultimately insinuating is sorta clear.  Why not just own it? 

Man that ignore function works miracles.

• Haha 3