• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is John Collins' comp ceiling?

sturt

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I'm way behind in a lot of sports news and evaluating our picks fullly, so I'm just throwing a name out there. It seems his defense needs work so this is an offensive comp. I read he is a guy that can bang but needs some work on his frame to do it in the NBA. Good form on his shot but needs work on that too. We all know he will work on his shot to fit into modern day NBA, so does anyone see best case offensively we get a younger David West?

That actually was one of my first thoughts when we drafted him. Like Reef, I'm not sure West has ever had the wide disregard for his defense, though, that Collins has.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

That actually was one of my first thoughts when we drafted him. Like Reef, I'm not sure West has ever had the wide disregard for his defense, though, that Collins has.

TBH I think he can learn to be a better defender. He has the athleticism, foot speed, and work ethic(so I've heard). His only disadvantage would be his length

I think that the comp is actually Millsap himself. When Sap started in Utah, he was just considered a rebounder. His offensive game was an afterthought. Collins comes in with rebounding prowess and a developed game on the block already. He needs to work on his perimeter J and defense.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

:dry: At worst he is John Collins... At best he is John Collins.

At best he is John Collins double-doubling and handing you a Tom Collins.