• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoopshype Hawks Projections

aali34

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I like Vogel but there's a lot of Magic fans who think he blew an opportunity when he never tried Serge at Center and Gordon at PF. And when I say never; he tried it for less than thirty minutes over the course of the season. That is less than a minute a game before Serge was traded.

A lot of Magic fans think he only knows one way to coach a team and he is not adaptable with his lineups.

They seem to think that but I seem to think otherwise. You can't leave Bismack or Vucci off the court when outside of Gordon. they didn't have a real SF till they traded for Ross. That being said, I think Orlando had some pretty good combinations after the Ross trade that they could have used more and likely will try to use. Orlando lack of bench depth did a number to them as well as inconsistent play from Payton. Orlando was a prime example of not enough winning vets on their squad. I still think that is an issue for them but adding Issac, Mack as a backup PG and Simmons as a starter/backup SF gives them the depth they lacked last season. In today's NBA, having a bench is critical. Atlanta proved last year that you can get below average starting production but get very good to sometimes great bench production and win more games in the NBA that you weren't expected to win. 

The problem with the Magic is the player fit isn't good.  They may have some talented individual players, but the combination of them does not fit.  

Arguably their best guy, Aaron Gordon, is playing out of position as a small forward.  He's neither a shooter nor a ball handler.  The comp I made for him when he came out was Josh Smith, and I think that is apparent today.  

They drafted Jonathan Isaac, but the problem is, he's the same position as Gordon.  This is not going to be a good team.

The problem with the Hawks and their decision to bottom out this year is that there will be 8-9 teams who finish within 4-5 games of each other at the bottom of the league standings.  Chicago, Brooklyn, Atlanta, Indiana, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, Sacramento, and LA Lakers are all going to be BAD in 2018.   Out of all these teams, Atlanta by far as the best coach.  

• Like 3