• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoopshype Hawks Projections

aali34

They had me until the finish.  The Hawks aren't finishing below 12th, that's almost impossible when they admitted coaching is the most notable team attribute.  By some miracle they sneak into 8th.  Why they show Baze when they mentioned "no go to scorer."  Lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, High5 said:

Bud is bound to get a career year from Babbitt and/or Plumlee to keep us out of last place. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is the worst team in the NBA 

I can see him getting some solid production out of Prince, Ilya, Dedmon, Collins, and Moose up front and then some solid minutes out of Belli and Dennis in the backcourt with upside for solid play from Bembry, Babbit and Baze.

Just can't see us being as bad as those hoping for the #1 pick are expecting.  I do think we will be solidly in the middle of the lottery all year, though, with that likely switchingn to top pick contention if we have a key injury or two.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The tankers are rejoicing right now.

I think that's the 3rd media outlet that has picked us dead last.

But let the GM tell it, we're striving to be "competitive".

Save us Dennis.  You are our only hope.

Hope in the inexperienced and mediocre...  OK.    When we look at the truth... our talent is young and won't be as competitive as some think.  Instead of crying about this season, I'm looking forward to the draft. 

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, benhillboy said:

They had me until the finish.  The Hawks aren't finishing below 12th, that's almost impossible when they admitted coaching is the most notable team attribute.  By some miracle they sneak into 8th.  Why they show Baze when they mentioned "no go to scorer."  Lol.

In the East... the only team that we're better than... is probably Orlando.

The Knicks and the Nets have passed us.  The 76ers if Healthy are more talented.  It's a brawl between Us, the Magic, and the Pacers for the bottom. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Knicks and the Nets have passed us.  The 76ers if Healthy are more talented.  It's a brawl between Us, the Magic, and the Pacers for the bottom. 

I'd throw the Bulls, Nets and Knicks into the mix with the Magic and Pacers.  Knicks have lots of paths to epic self-destruction with their owner admitting he is open to trading Krispas and their vet star asking to be traded.  Nets still suck even if they slightly improved on paper.  Bulls are imploding and I expect to see their GM fired at some point during the year if ownership holds him even modestly accountable for his planning and execution the last few seasons.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I can see him getting some solid production out of Prince, Ilya, Dedmon, Collins, and Moose up front and then some solid minutes out of Belli and Dennis in the backcourt with upside for solid play from Bembry, Babbit and Baze.

Just can't see us being as bad as those hoping for the #1 pick are expecting.  I do think we will be solidly in the middle of the lottery all year, though, with that likely switchingn to top pick contention if we have a key injury or two.

I am giving this team 20 wins tops while ranging in the 15 win lane. I don't have faith in the production being league average from our starters. I think we all underestimate how much easier a top 20-25 player makes the game for the team not to mention, a lot of vets. This team is littered with guys who are best as backups in the starting five and key reserves (9-10), on the bench. I've tried to see all of the possibilities but there is no way I can see this team doing better than 20 wins and that's with Bud coaching his ass off. 15 really is most likely. Being that this is a shooting based squad, I think they could upset some teams. 

With that said, with Chicago going to cut Wade, that makes Atlanta have some legit comp for last. Chicago now has zero legit winners as Atlanta. On top of that, no closer like Atlanta. They were my 16-18 win range team but now they might have dropped a game to 15 wins and two in the L category with 16 wins at best. This would place them as the worst team in the NBA above Atlanta in my poll. 

I just don't think fans realize how hard it is to put up numbers in the NBA. Especially quality numbers. You have to be GOOD. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Orlando is clearly better than this Hawks team. Orlando has legit starters. They have sound coaching and they have talented players. They actually was fighting for the playoffs till their team chemistry went to hell and they fell apart. Orlando for me is a team that has an outside shot at the playoffs. 

Brooklyn is going to be better than what people think. That bench should be extremely productive and if they could find a strong chemistry with their starters, they could really surprise and win 30-35 games. They aren't talented enough even with great chemistry to win more than 35 games but that bench is really good. A rangy team, I am predicting anywhere from 22-35 wins. Last years Hawks was my rangy team of the year. 

The Knicks aren't done making moves but as they stand, they are a 30 win team. Depending on development, maybe a 35 win team at best. 30-35 wins range. 

Pacers don't look bad at all but they do not look good. They remind me of last year's Pistons. Depending on the PG play, this is a 28-36 win team. Clearly, not a playoff team but they are not horrible. 

Edited by NBASupes

There are always 1 or 2 teams that think they're done being in the cellar only to fall right back in. Everyone could have a talent advantage over us if Collins doesn't have a really strong rookie year, but we'll play harder and smarter than some. That'll give us the edge over at least one of those teams. Of course, there are always injuries to throw a wrench into things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

There are always 1 or 2 teams that think they're done being in the cellar only to fall right back in. Everyone could have a talent advantage over us if Collins doesn't have a really strong rookie year, but we'll play harder and smarter than some. That'll give us the edge over at least one of those teams. Of course, there are always injuries to throw a wrench into things.

In fairness, few team's played harder and smarter than Brooklyn last year. They were the worst team in the NBA

Ahhhh, that greener grass. Overvaluing other teams while undervaluing our own. Most teams' fans have the opposite problem, not us self-loathing Hawks fans. This team wins at least 27 games...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Orlando is clearly better than this Hawks team. Orlando has legit starters. They have sound coaching and they have talented players. They actually was fighting for the playoffs till their team chemistry went to hell and they fell apart. Orlando for me is a team that has an outside shot at the playoffs. 

Brooklyn is going to be better than what people think. That bench should be extremely productive and if they could find a strong chemistry with their starters, they could really surprise and win 30-35 games. They aren't talented enough even with great chemistry to win more than 35 games but that bench is really good. A rangy team, I am predicting anywhere from 22-35 wins. Last years Hawks was my rangy team of the year. 

The Knicks aren't done making moves but as they stand, they are a 30 win team. Depending on development, maybe a 35 win team at best. 30-35 wins range. 

Pacers don't look bad at all but they do not look good. They remind me of last year's Pistons. Depending on the PG play, this is a 28-36 win team. Clearly, not a playoff team but they are not horrible. 

I like Vogel but there's a lot of Magic fans who think he blew an opportunity when he never tried Serge at Center and Gordon at PF. And when I say never; he tried it for less than thirty minutes over the course of the season. That is less than a minute a game before Serge was traded.

A lot of Magic fans think he only knows one way to coach a team and he is not adaptable with his lineups.

• Like 1