Trade Ideas: Bazemore to the Pels? For a 1st?!

TheFuzz

I've been eyeing the Pels for a while as a Bazemore landing spot. With Hill going down for most of the season, I'd propose this trade to the Pels...

Bazemore for Hill/Asik/1st round pick.

I think they might do it, swapping two huge salary, dead roster spots for one overpaid roleplayer wing, a position they desperately need help with. I'm not sure they could do much better, maybe Demarre Carroll, who's on a smaller contract?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2017 at 8:05 PM, TheFuzz said:

I've been eyeing the Pels for a while as a Bazemore landing spot. With Hill going down for most of the season, I'd propose this trade to the Pels...

Bazemore for Hill/Asik/1st round pick.

I think they might do it, swapping two huge salary, dead roster spots for one overpaid roleplayer wing, a position they desperately need help with. I'm not sure they could do much better, maybe Demarre Carroll, who's on a smaller contract?

I love the idea of doing a trade with the pelicans but that’s too nice of a deal in my opinion and looks like it would leave us with 3m extra against our cap but I guess that’s where the first rd draft pick comes in as a sweetener for this deal.

however I say because they are trying to make things happen now and not later we do this same deal but without acquiring Asik! Maybe throw in another filler (s)(preferably with an expiring contract) from the pelicans to make salaries even in the trade plus still getting their draft pick.

i think they’d love to have Baze, I really do. I’d have to look over their roster and contracts to see if I can come up with a trade of my own.