• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blazers waive/stretch Nicholson before Thu deadline... should/will we follow suit w/ Plumlee?

sturt

16 minutes ago, sturt said:

I can't imagine we'd do that with Baze, but I have to think it's at least gotten serious thought in Hawks HQ to divest themselves of Plumlee.

No reason to yet, we can do it next year if we want. We have enough expirings/value contracts that I don't think that extra bit of cap will be valuable till next year.

Next year, we might do it, his hit goes from like $5.4 to $5 million a year, pretty sure.

Edit: also think the dude can recoup some value as a rimrunner this year. Might be able to trade him for a cheaper bad contract or a worse contract (think Noah/Mahinmi) + pick or something.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

If they did it, seems it would be less about cap space for 2017-18, more about whether they intend to do it anyway, and just opening up a roster slot for someone who they perceive might be more develop-able... ie, under 25.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

No reason to yet, we can do it next year if we want. We have enough expirings/value contracts that I don't think that extra bit of cap will be valuable till next year.

Next year, we might do it, his hit goes from like $5.4 to $5 million a year, pretty sure.

Edit: also think the dude can recoup some value as a rimrunner this year. Might be able to trade him for a cheaper bad contract or a worse contract (think Noah/Mahinmi) + pick or something.

I agree except for the statement in bold. Adding fire to a flame does not resolve the situation because than we will be trying to find a way to get rid of the new bad contracts. Look up definition of insanity. Plus Plumlee might actually be the player Humphries could've been for us if Bud ever played him. Maybe Plumlee actually gets utilized correctly on our team and become the player no one ever expected possibly even being a team favorite underdog possessing alot more talent than someone like Zaza that was coveted by alot of fans at a time or two. 

18 hours ago, sillent said:

I agree except for the statement in bold. Adding fire to a flame does not resolve the situation because than we will be trying to find a way to get rid of the new bad contracts. Look up definition of insanity. Plus Plumlee might actually be the player Humphries could've been for us if Bud ever played him. Maybe Plumlee actually gets utilized correctly on our team and become the player no one ever expected possibly even being a team favorite underdog possessing alot more talent than someone like Zaza that was coveted by alot of fans at a time or two. 

The two players I mentioned have contracts that run just as long, but they never get on the court. If a solid pick is offered to swap Plumlee for a worse player, we should take it. The more picks the better.

• Like 1