• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are f***in Nuts if Someone Doesn't get Cut for Jenkins!!!

LastDon

The Hawks would be crazy as hell if they didnt cut someone and sign John Jenkins for the season!!! 

He was close to breaking out when Bud first tried to develop him but the Hawks traded and opted to go with the bigger guard in Hardaway..

John can fill it up from all three levels  though!  3's, Midrange, and in the paint with floaters and layups.. I know y'all hadn't forgot how this man would come into games and score like 10 pts in 10 minutes for the Hawks.. He's a hard worker and a cerebral player..He doesn't force things he make the right passes and let the game come to him.. The league havent given this man a fair shake..smh.. He averaged 24 his first preseason wit the Mavs and still never got a chance.. He is only 26 yrs old and was drafted by us.. I got alot of love for him and desperately want him back on the squad!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LastDon said:

The Hawks would be crazy as hell if they didnt cut someone and sign John Jenkins for the season!!! 

He was close to breaking out when Bud first tried to develop him but the Hawks traded and opted to go with the bigger guard in Hardaway..

John can fill it up from all three levels  though!  3's, Midrange, and in the paint with floaters and layups.. I know y'all hadn't forgot how this man would come into games and score like 10 pts in 10 minutes for the Hawks.. He's a hard worker and a cerebral player..He doesn't force things he make the right passes and let the game come to him.. The league havent given this man a fair shake..smh.. He averaged 24 his first preseason wit the Mavs and still never got a chance.. He is only 26 yrs old and was drafted by us.. I got alot of love for him and desperately want him back on the squad!!

LOL hey man if that is true please remind me cause I don't remember that at all and I can say I watch all 82 games including the playoffs going on at least the last 12 seasons and I don't ever recall Jenkins ever doing that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LastDon said:

John Wearing #30 for the Hawks he trying to tell y'all!!! Free My Hitta Jenkins!!!!

PLEASE MAKE ME EAT CROW....I get it but I just cant believe it unless it just happens. You'd think the mavs wouldn't let him go if he truly had curry like potential but crazy things can happen.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

LOL hey man if that is true please remind me cause I don't remember that at all and I can say I watch all 82 games including the playoffs going on at least the last 12 seasons and I don't ever recall Jenkins ever doing that.

Dude I'm like the biggest Hawks fan ever and been watching every game since Nique For like 20+ years u lost your credibility when u act like John didnt have big games with the Hawks..go check basketball reference..

• Like 1

When Johnny Cash was given minutes  on the Hawks he produce..Keep in  mind we had Korver and Teague.. But no way in hell Tyler Dorsey supposed to make the team over John..When John went to the D league he produced..that man is a legit sniper and efficient.. Tyler Dorsey, Cook or Brussino.. Somebody has to go!! 

Tbh John is a better player than Marco Bellineli if given greenlight and same minutes!

1 hour ago, LastDon said:

Tbh John is a better player than Marco Bellineli if given greenlight and same minutes!

Belli is the TRUE sniper, but he’s trade bait for a team making a run. And aren’t  Menace and JJ best buds?

2 hours ago, LastDon said:

If we didn't just draft Tyler Dorsey I would agree but I don't want too many undersized shooting guards on the team.

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Belli is the TRUE sniper, but he’s trade bait for a team making a run. And aren’t  Menace and JJ best buds?

I think I remember something like that...
So I did some quick google research, and the answer is Yes, it seems they are!

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, hazer said:

I hope Schröder can pull some strings cause I was disappointed when we let Johnny Cash go..I thought him and Goldie were the backcourt of the future...

Remember Jenkins always trying but not fully making it back 100% from one injury or another most of his stay here. His back surgery derailed him the most. Hoping for the best for or from him especially with his long range gun but expectations should be measured because foot speed does indeed matter at this level when trying to get open by any means and he doesn't have it on either side of the ball. The article below is an example of what eventually sealed his fate with us the first time. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/hawks/2014/02/03/john-jenkins-back-injury-surgery-out-for-season-atlanta/5184557/

• Like 1

• Moderators

What Jenkins has accomplished is being wildly overrated by some on this thread.  He has been a defensive liability who has scored at a decent but not special level.  He has been 5 years in the NBA with 3 different teams.  He has totaled less than 2000 minutes.  Career 14 pp36 on 36% 3pt% and .563% TS%.  Ok but nothing special.  

When you look at the games where he played larger minutes (29 games over 5 years he played 20+ minutes) as you would expect it looks slightly better.  He is averaging 11.5 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists in those games.  On a per 36 basis, that is 15.7 pp36, 3.7 rbp36, and 2.6 ap36.

Selecting only the high minute games inflates those numbers of course.  Malcom Delaney had 11.4 pp36, 3.7 rp36, and 5.1 ap36 in those same games last year (which shows you a bit how much of a liability he is outside of scoring when he doesn't rebound any better than Delaney).  

Overall, I think taking a look at him is the absolute right move.  If he shows enough put him on the team but the idea that he is a diamond that no one has been able to see is a bit hard for me to swallow.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LastDon said:

Dude I'm like the biggest Hawks fan ever and been watching every game since Nique For like 20+ years u lost your credibility when u act like John didnt have big games with the Hawks..go check basketball reference..

Look I’m a big hawks fan too but I simply asked you to remind me of these games where Jenkins dropped these points in very few minutes. I don’t recall and hardly remember him getting any minutes when he was with Hawks.

no I doubt I lost my credibility when you put big games and John Jenkins in the same sentence...I’m not trying to argue with you. I see the potential but it’s not enough to lock him in as a sure thing.

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Remember Jenkins always trying but not fully making it back 100% from one injury or another most of his stay here. His back surgery derailed him the most. Hoping for the best for or from him especially with his long range gun but expectations should be measured because foot speed does indeed matter at this level when trying to get open by any means. The article below is an example of what eventually sealed his fate with us the first time. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/hawks/2014/02/03/john-jenkins-back-injury-surgery-out-for-season-atlanta/5184557/

I forgot about that back surgery...that may be why I don’t remember him playing too much when he was on the Hawks the first time around 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JTB said:

Look I’m a big hawks fan too but I simply asked you to remind me of these games where Jenkins dropped these points in very few minutes.

Some notable games and season highs:

2016-17 Season High - 3pts by making his only 3pter of the season in a 15 point loss against the Spurs.

2015-16 Season High - 17 points.  With Wesley Matthews out, Jenkins got over 35 minutes and made 8 of 16 FGA (0-4 from 3pt range) in a 16 point loss to the Clippers.  

2014-15 Season High - 17 points.  With Korver, Teague, DMC and Horford all sitting, Jenkins got over 35 minutes and made 6 of 12 FGA (2-6 from 3pt range) in a 9 point loss to the Wizards.

2013-14 Season High - 13 points.  With Korver and Mack out, Jenkins got over 33 minutes and put up his only double digit scoring game of the season on 5-12 shooting (3-6 from 3pt range) in a 29 point loss to the Rockets.

2012-12 Season High - 23 points.  On a night when the Hawks were without starters Kyle Korver and Devin Harris, Jenkins put up his career high on 7 of 9 shooting (3-3 from 3pt range) in just under 28 minutes in a 2 point loss to the Spurs.

If you noted the repeition of "in a _____ point loss to the ________" that was not a misprint.  Jenkins' brightest career moments came during his rookie season.  He had by far the highest scoring games of any season of his career that  year and it isn't close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Some notable games and season highs:

2016-17 Season High - 3pts by making his only 3pter of the season in a 15 point loss against the Spurs.

2015-16 Season High - 17 points.  With Wesley Matthews out, Jenkins got over 35 minutes and made 8 of 16 FGA (0-4 from 3pt range) in a 16 point loss to the Clippers.  

2014-15 Season High - 17 points.  With Korver, Teague, DMC and Horford all sitting, Jenkins got over 35 minutes and made 6 of 12 FGA (2-6 from 3pt range) in a 9 point loss to the Wizards.

2013-14 Season High - 13 points.  With Korver and Mack out, Jenkins got over 33 minutes and put up his only double digit scoring game of the season on 5-12 shooting (3-6 from 3pt range) in a 29 point loss to the Rockets.

2012-12 Season High - 23 points.  On a night when the Hawks were without starters Kyle Korver and Devin Harris, Jenkins put up his career high on 7 of 9 shooting (3-3 from 3pt range) in just under 28 minutes in a 2 point loss to the Spurs.

If you noted the repeition of "in a _____ point loss to the ________" that was not a misprint.  Jenkins' brightest career moments came during his rookie season.  He had by far the highest scoring games of any season of his career that  year and it isn't close.

Your post is misleading its like u make it seem like those were the only games where john was productive and efficient..

Year 2  with Hawks he was out with a back injury and last year with Phoenix shouldn't be an indictment due to Devin Booker and their youth movement and over stock in guards with Bledsoe, Knight, Booker and others..

The year with the Mavs John averaged 24ppg in the preseason  and due to money and politics he never got a chance..His last season wit the Hawks Bud was playing guys like Kent and Carroll who were the new toys the regime brought in to develop but when he did give John a chance he shined...its all here on  the link even the game wit the 10 pts in like 10 minutes..I saw some in this kid but I guess Bud didnt..smh

But I dam sho know he is better than a 2 way contract player in Tyler Dorsey who barely scored a bucket in summer league! Or sorry ass Luke Babbit! If there so hell bent on keeping Dorsey we can dump Babbitt and Keep Brussino as the stretch 4 wit no defense..We need John man! He can contribute!!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jenkijo01/gamelog/2015/

Edited by LastDon
  • Like 1