• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The trade deadline is Here.

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He scores more than Baze and does it more efficiently.  Makes the right passes and turns the ball over less.  He isn't as good a defender.  Pretty much sums it up.

So you think that Belinelli does everything better than Baze except defense?  So he is a better rebounder, ball handler, playmaker and shooter than Baze..  Wow. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think that Belinelli does everything better than Baze except defense?  So he is a better rebounder, ball handler, playmaker and shooter than Baze..  Wow. 

He is absolutely a better shooter and scorer than  Baze.

Baze is easily the better rebounder (Baze being average and Belli below average).

Baze is a better ball handler and playmaker by a small margin but the big point there is that he is not good enough that he is someone a good team would ever want doing that.  You only have Baze do those things if you are desperate.  He and Belli basically have the same A/TO ratio and same ratio of %s but Baze does more of it.  I don't think either is good enough doing those things that you want them doing a lot of them.  You'd prefer Baze's nonshooting usage numbers were more like Belli if you had actual options for playmaking on this team just like last year when Baze did too much due to lack of alternatives.  He is doing better his year but still isn't good at it so way to go, I guess?

The overall metrics that say Belli is better than Baze (and not all metrics do) go to total impact and I think the only thing that ultimately makes Baze more valuable this year is his D.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is absolutely a better shooter than  Baze.

Baze is easily the better rebounder (Baze being average and Belli below average).

Baze is a better ball handler and playmaker by a small margin but the big point there is that he is not good enough that he is someone a good team would ever want doing that.  You only have Baze do those things if you are desperate.  He and Belli basically have the same A/TO ratio and same ratio of %s but Baze does more of it.  I don't think either is good enough doing those things that you want them doing a lot of them.  You'd prefer Baze's nonshooting usage numbers were more like Belli if you had actual options for playmaking on this team just like last year when Baze did too much due to lack of alternatives.  He is doing better his year but still isn't good at it so way to go, I guess?

Wait...1st you said that Baze is only better on defense and then you write the above??? I'm confused

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Wait...1st you said that Baze is only better on defense and then you write the above??? I'm confused

Baze handling the ball is bad for the team even if he is better at it than Belli.  How is this hard to understand?    Neither is an impact rebounder.  Their primary value is scoring and D.  Belli is the better scorer.  Baze the better defender.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

How is this hard to understand?  

You changed the argument which is what is hard to understand but anyway here is some reading material for you uncontrolled Baze haters.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/2/10/16998496/kent-bazemore-atlanta-hawks-breakdown-analysis-contract

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Their primary value is scoring and D.  Belli is the better scorer.  Baze the better defender.

Some more reading.  Baze has a higher offensive rating than Belinelli also.

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=201158&VsPlayerID=203145&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season

• Moderators

Thanks for at least putting in the effort to show some numbers.  Still don't see a big difference:

Baze 10.1 PIE

Belli 9.7 PIE

Dorsey 8.1 PIE

I will cop that I'm not a big believer in those rating stats.  Like offensive rating that has Collins as basically the worst offensive player on the team.  Are our five best players Brussino, Cavanaugh, Magette, Dorsey and Taylor?  The net rating stat says so but I don't buy it.