• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

why so much negativity

AtlKauzie

I don’t see what’s negative about talking about tanking.  We do have the worst record in the NBA, and if you’re honestly “rah rah” for us to slide to like 6th-8th worst, I’m not sure how that keeps you going as a Hawks fan.  I’m fine with the roster blow-up because we weren’t going to challenge for so much as a second round appearance with what we had. I’m very optimistic about the future because we picked the right season to tank.  It will still take some luck to land franchise talent, but we have the supporting pieces and coaching staff to rebound rapidly if we get it.  First thing’s first—let’s finish this tank job that we started!

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Its called player improvement.  Happens all of the time.  We all should be happy that Baze is improving as a player. 

Last year I would have been all over it.  His development means very little now.  He will be an UFA by the time the team is ready to compete and will never be more than a weak starter.  If his improvement from borderline unplayable last season to useful rotation piece costs us a top pick in the lottery it will not remotely be worth it.

Development of Collins, Prince, Bembry and Dorsey are the only development projects that mean anything.  There is no benefit in the short term to developing Baze, Dedmon, Ilya, etc.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Last year I would have been all over it.  His development means very little now.  He will be an UFA by the time the team is ready to compete and will never be more than a weak starter.  If his improvement from borderline unplayable last season to useful rotation piece costs us a top pick in the lottery it will not remotely be worth it.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it but to be honest with you, y'all are starting to sound like a broken record

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it but to be honest with you, y'all are starting to sound like a broken record

I hear you but what is dynamic right now?  There is not another thing that means anything this season other than developing players who will still be on the roster in 3-4 years and maximizing our lottery odds.  

If things sound repetitive that is because there aren't a lot of moving pieces and our rest of the season objectives are simple as can be.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I hear you but what is dynamic right now?  There is not another thing that means anything this season other than developing players who will still be on the roster in 3-4 years and maximizing our lottery odds.  

If things sound repetitive that is because there aren't a lot of moving pieces and our rest of the season objectives are simple as can be.

Everybody heard you the 1st time! But months of this gets old.  I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude rather than think there is only 1 option.  And no matter how many wins you and your crew complain about, you will never change my mind.

I don’t see what’s so bad about “sounding like a broken record”.  To me, that says he is being consistent.  Each win gets us one step closer to missing out on the most stacked draft of the decade.  Some of us have been watching this team be insignificant for 20-30 years, always hoping that we might get a superstar one day, maybe a few years before senility so we can enjoy it.  Forgive us for not being elated over winning that 19th game, knowing it means many more years of being everybody’s punchline.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

I don’t see what’s so bad about “sounding like a broken record”.  To me, that says he is being consistent.  Each win gets us one step closer to missing out on the most stacked draft of the decade.  Some of us have been watching this team be insignificant for 20-30 years, always hoping that we might get a superstar one day, maybe a few years before senility so we can enjoy it.  Forgive us for not being elated over winning that 19th game, knowing it means many more years of being everybody’s punchline.  

Tell me one thing whinning about wins changes?  Does it make the players play worse?  Does it make Bud start Blumlee Delaney, Taylor, Prince and Muscala?  Does it cause Schlenk to step in and demand losses?  What does it accomplishing other than bring down the morale of the message board and encourage a loser mentality???

I reject your premise.  Nobody said it changes something to fret that our hopes of a franchise-changing lottery pick are slipping away.  And yet, this team has given us so little to hope for over the years, that it is sad to think they’re going to blow it (again).  Are we to pretend otherwise?  Do you think Spurs fans ever look back and wish they had won a couple more games and missed out on David Robinson and Tim Duncan?  

I was reading this board 20 seasons ago, and people were having the same argument about whether we should be cheering for meaningless wins if it meant another decade of mediocrity.  I had the same position then.  I appreciate your zeal, but I see it as tragically short-sighted.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

I reject your premise.  Nobody said it changes something to fret that our hopes of a franchise-changing lottery pick are slipping away.  And yet, this team has given us so little to hope for over the years, that it is sad to think they’re going to blow it (again).  Are we to pretend otherwise?  Do you think Spurs fans ever look back and wish they had won a couple more games and missed out on David Robinson and Tim Duncan?  

I was reading this board 20 seasons ago, and people were having the same argument about whether we should be cheering for meaningless wins if it meant another decade of mediocrity.  I had the same position then.  I appreciate your zeal, but I see it as tragically short-sighted.  

Who was the big prize then? Dwight Howard?  LOL!  All I'm saying is that there are other story line regarding the team than booing wins!

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Tell me one thing whinning about wins changes?  Does it make the players play worse?  Does it make Bud start Blumlee Delaney, Taylor, Prince and Muscala?  Does it cause Schlenk to step in and demand losses?  What does it accomplishing other than bring down the morale of the message board and encourage a loser mentality???

Pot, meet kettle. Changes about as much as constantly whining about Bud like a broken record...

I'm sorry...There are tank discussions every day and certainly after every Hawk win.  I talk about much more than Bud

There are Dennis sucks discussions nearly every day. There are Schlenkenholzer don’t know what they’re doing discussions nearly every day. My God there are still Dwight discussions every week...

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

There are Dennis sucks discussions nearly every day. There are Schlenkenholzer don’t know what they’re doing discussions nearly every day. My God there are still Dwight discussions every week...

They get old too!

• Like 1

They get old too!

Indeed they do. Getting a top 3 pick in this draft is exciting stuff though. So it’s a bit less stale, just by nature.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, hazer said:

Indeed they do. Getting a top 3 pick in this draft is exciting stuff though. So it’s a bit less stale, just by nature.

It would be great if we got that pick and he turned into Lebron, Duncan, Durant and Curry all wrapped up into one player but we as fan have zero control over whether that happens but we can evaluate what is now happening on the court like the development of Bazemore, Collins and Dorsey. And the potential of Dedmon and Dennis.  That is what I enjoy the most not rooting for the team and its players to play poorly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I completely disagree with the decision to not allow talk of prospects on the main board. When you are tanking and rebuilding the only thing really worth talking about is draft prospects. Look at the main board this season. You either have the two guys that wouldn't stop their anti-tanking agenda or a few threads about tanking or Dennis and his worth.

And...that's pretty much it. We need to be able to talk about draft prospects on the main board instead of the conversation being shunted to a seldom used board.

Just my two cents.

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

It would be great if we got that pick and he turned into Lebron, Duncan, Durant and Curry all wrapped up into one player but we as fan have zero control over whether that happens but we can evaluate what is now happening on the court like the development of Bazemore, Collins and Dorsey. And the potential of Dedmon and Dennis.  That is what I enjoy the most not rooting for the team and its players to play poorly.

The development of Prince, Collins, Dorsey, and Bembry is my other preoccupation besides snagging a top 3 pick. 

• Like 1