• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It’s called being realistic.  I realize how far off from playing winning basketball these prospects are and how far off this team is.  

Marvin Bagley and Zion Williamson aren’t going to make this team win anytime soon, much less be that championship core some think they will get all because this team tanked.  

Hotlanta is a realist, you are just rambling and mad about our franchise direction

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hotlanta is a realist, you are just rambling and mad about our franchise direction

Why shouldn’t I be mad when they chose the path that will only make the team worse and guarantees 5 years of losing?

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Right now, I'm not for development over pick.  I want the Hawks to get the best pick possible.  However, I do agree with KB that this is a multiyear process (the way that it was done).  We have gone from Mediocrity and we're going to mediocrity however, now, it's going to be a longterm climb back to mediocrity. 

how long do you think longterm is 3-5 years?

Edited by davis171

28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why shouldn’t I be mad when they chose the path that will only make the team worse and guarantees 5 years of losing?

please explain how it guarantees 5 years of losing the longest drought of not being in the playoffs is 5 years (76ers and Magic) thats it... I disagree that it guarantee's 5 years of losing because if you go back and look there was 0 talent on any of those teams (they literally got rid of anyone who showed promise) and I don't see the hawks doing that... Collins was literally told he was untouchable (obviously barring a trade for a superstar I'd guess).

Edited by davis171

1 minute ago, davis171 said:

please explain how it guarantees 5 years of losing the longest drought of not being in the playoffs is 5 years (76ers and Magic) thats it... I disagree that it guarantee's 5 years of losing because if you go back and look there was 0 talent  on any of those teams (they litterally got rid of anyone who showed promise) and I don't see the hawks doing that....

It’s simple.  This team has been stripped down by Travis Schlenk.  This is the worst roster in the entire league.  It’s an expansion level roster.  

The player that will be added with this top pick you covet is at least 3 years away from making any kind of impact on winning.  

There are no vets that can show the youth that will be added how to win.  

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It’s simple.  This team has been stripped down by Travis Schlenk.  This is the worst roster in the entire league.  It’s an expansion level roster.  

The player that will be added with this top pick you covet is at least 3 years away from making any kind of impact on winning.  

There are no vets that can show the youth that will be added how to win.  

Ugh how can you predict this offseason. We have been over this :banghead: You just can't accept you are wrong. Also 5 just turned into 3 which I'm okay with.

Edited by davis171

3 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Ugh how can you predict this offseason. We have been over this :banghead: You just can't accept you are wrong. Also 5 just turned into 3 which I'm okay with.

It’s because I’m not wrong, and you know it.  Maybe you will realize it three years and 160 plus losses into this tank.  

Do you think Dedmon and Muscala will opt out after this season ? they were both injured for a longer period of time so I don't see it coming. Who do you draft with those 3 picks in the 20-33 range? You don't need a Big if you get Ayton and Dedmon/Muscala stay. One long wing, maybe a PG (?)

• Like 1

Just now, ISOJOE said:

Do you think Dedmon and Muscala will opt out after this season ? they were both injured for a longer period of time so I don't see it coming. Who do you draft with those 3 picks in the 20-33 range? You don't need a Big if you get Ayton and Dedmon/Muscala stay. One long wing, maybe a PG (?)

Dedmon yes Moose no

1 minute ago, ISOJOE said:

Muscala May stay but Dedmon is gone.  

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You just continue to spout out arbitrary numbers for some unknown reason.  What do you get out of this? And no matter how many facts are thrown your way, you continue to hang on to these arbitrary predictions.  Open your eyes bro,  Prince is starting to emerge which was totally unexpected.  So when something unexpected happens like a player is now dramatically exceeding expectations, you have to adjust your forecast otherwise no one will ever take you serious again

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It’s because I’m not wrong, and you know it.  Maybe you will realize it three years and 160 plus losses into this tank.  

So what's your alternative plan? Suffer in silence? Continue bashing the people who want to try something different? Stay a Hawk's fan? The tank...real or imagined has happened.  As a long time fan, I'm willing to see a better product if it takes three years...so be it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You just continue to spout out arbitrary numbers for some unknown reason.  What do you get out of this? And no matter how many facts are thrown your way, you continue to hang on to these arbitrary predictions.  Open your eyes bro,  Prince is starting to emerge which was totally unexpected.  So when something unexpected happens like a player is now dramatically exceeding expectations, you have to adjust your forecast otherwise no one will ever take you serious again

Arbitrary numbers?   They are hardly arbitrary.  

Tell me, what team has stripped itself down intentionally and has not had multiple losing seasons?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Arbitrary numbers?   They are hardly arbitrary.  

Tell me, what team has stripped itself down intentionally and has not had multiple losing seasons?

So you are telling me that the front office doesn't matter, the GM doesn't matter, the coaches don't matter and the particular players chosen don't matter?  Its all the same?  You don't even believe that yourself.

12 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So what's your alternative plan? Suffer in silence? Continue bashing the people who want to try something different? Stay a Hawk's fan? The tank...real or imagined has happened.  As a long time fan, I'm willing to see a better product if it takes three years...so be it. 

You are not going to see a better product.  It’s going to take 5 years just to get back to where we were last year.  

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So you are telling me that the front office doesn't matter, the GM doesn't matter, the coaches don't matter and the particular players chosen don't matter?  Its all the same?  You don't even believe that yourself.

I’m saying that the quality of your front office, which Atlanta has a shitty GM, has no bearing on the fact that the players taken at the top of the draft are not ready to contribute to winning.  

Also, vet teams win.  Young teams lose.