• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Serious doubts about this organization

HawkItus

4 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Didn't say it was deal breaker.  I said that amongst other things has me worried.  If we are all going to curtail opinion because the "professional" says so......then shut the board down.  If he was batting a thousand, he would get my benefit of the doubt.  He hasn't so I am leary.  

I'm saying your opinion is based on an unrealistic expectation. They don't even know these players yet.  It's too early to be this worried.

• Moderators

Plus, again, you can't say it even if you think it.  If you are buying a house, you don't announce to the sellers that this is the one house you want and must have.  They will abuse you.  Sharing the fact that we have one player we are targeting and we will do whatever it takes to get that player is a recipe for getting killed in trade negotiations.

2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

No what I'm saying is if there is A GUY we want and view as the right guy I understand the moves we made.  If we don't see A GUY in this draft then maybe we should have just stayed competitive and tried to get another Collins type and kept Bud.  

This is what they should have done regardless.  

You just said exactly what I am questioning.  There are not 8 cornerstones in this draft.  I'll except a possible 4.  But, he is not saying that.  He seems to not be certain on who are the top tier guys yet.   A simple we have an idea of who we want or just don't answer the question.   The 7 -8 worries me.

You will be lucky if there is 1 cornerstone player in this draft.  There are certainly not 4 and definitely not 8.  

Again, teams with a plan go and get the guy they want,  If we have a guy we want, focus and go get him.  Maybe they do have a plan, but it doesn't sound or feel that way to me.  I'll see what he does on draft night.  Regardless the owner is still an issue to me.  

No one that operates with this strategy ever has a plan.  It's all based upon luck.  You have to be lucky enough that there is a corner stone player in the draft, and then lucky enough to get the pick to take that player.

• Premium Member

I haven't had much positive to say about the organization lately, but I continue to hold out faith that the one big redeeming quality that could ultimately overcome any concerns is Schlenk's ability to evaluate college talent.