• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deals that make sense....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Three Keepers on this team:

Theo/Diaw/Reef.... and even they can be dealt for the right deal.

Why trade the rest? We need some players with Fundamentals. Good basketball IQ. Our team lacks it. I can't really blame the coach for something that the players lack, but I can blame the coach for his rotations. DD should be playing for the balance of the season.

So who do we get:

I would start by trading Jax.

Jax/CC/Ekezie for Malik Rose.

I think that San Antonio would do it. Rose doesn't see much playing time, SA needs scoring. I think it's possible.

JT to Seattle

James to Utah.

Daniels/Frahm to Atlanta.

Seattle does it. They get JT (Hometown, scoring PG) they only lose AD/Frahm/James.

Utah gets a Big Man to help out.

We get Stevenson/Daniels/Frahm... That's our new backcourt.

AD/Frahm/Diaw/SAR/Theo...

I would guess we have better fundamentals. The problem has been, NOBODY to bring the ball up and make the simple pass. The real problem has been the 4 horsemen.

People have been up Jackson's rearend for a while, but I have to say, this guy is dreadful.

Take away his 10 PPG from breakaway dunks, and he shoots an abysmal 35%, I'd bet.

He and Terry (and Glover) just fire dumb shots. I don't mind them shooting, but make sure they are intelligent shots.

It is NEVER intelligent to pull up, with no rebounders, for three. Never. Yet, we do it three, maybe four, times a game.

Worse yet, when one of these guys gets going with their jump shot, we feed them. Even if they cool down, we feed them. These guys are STREAKY! But, we get in this mindset of letting them shoot.

It pisses me off.

Play.

• Premium Member

I would love the backcourt of AD/Frahm/Diaw....

Frahm is a hidden talent. The guy can flat out play and is a serious Shooter. AD is talented. He hasn't done much in Seattle but while in San Antonio, he played for a by the book coach and he did good. I think that a matchup of Him and Diaw playing the guard positions would scare the bejesus out of most teams.... For instance if in the offseason we got Josh Smith...

AD/Diaw/Josh.

First off, Guards would be intimidated by our Big Guards. It would be like the Bulls with Harper/Jordan/Pippen.

But Frahm is still a good shooter who could be a killer from the bench in that lineup.

The problem is:

You are dealing with Billy "Do Nothing" Knight AKA "Waste of a GM".

Remember, he said he hasn't been approached with anything that caught his interest. WHY THE FRICK ISN'T HE LOOKING THEN?!

I would love to hear that Knight offered somebody for someone, even if it didn't happen.

It would let me know that Billy "Do Nothing" Knight isn't sitting in his office playing Solitaire on his nice,shiny, new WindowsXP system.

Play.

Hahahaha, this is funny, Diesel always making scrubs from other teams look like these hidden talented players. Daniels is one of the biggest bust ever, there must be a reason why he has been traded like 3 times. So Diesel why would Seattle want a player like JT with no Fundamentals and no basketball IQ....so now you call JT a scoring PG when you are talking about trading him away, but if he is here in Atlanta he is a shooting guard, like I said before you make no sense. You contradict yourself all the time. What a grea back court Daniels and Frahm, wowee maybe we can make play offs with that line up, please dude, come up with something better.

JTFan,

JT is NOT a PG. JT is NOT a SG.

JT is something else.

Some nights he looks like the next best thing. The next night he looks like meatloaf.

I like JT, and I want him to be successful. He is easily the second-most talented Hawk.

He suffers from some of the same problems Reef does. He only had one decent coach. He hasn't learned to play real basketball yet.

Daniels on the other hand is a solid PG. He isn't going to be your superstar or engine, but he plays solid. He doesn't make mistakes.

THAT IS THE BIGGEST THING.

Mistake free basketball.

He is Tom Brady. Brady has a pretty weak arm in comparison to most. He thrives on 5 yard flats. But, he doesn't make mistakes. He gets publicity because of the team's performance, but he isn't a "great" passer. He is a QB.

The same is of Daniels.

He isn't a hidden gem or powerhouse. He is just a PG who won't [censored] it up.

He's better than Vaughn and he is better than JT (at PG). He plays SOLID defense.

Play.

Hots,

Look, let us just face it... everyone is a CBA player in your book.

What do you think you are going to get for JT or Theo? The next Stockton? Maybe dash in a little MJ or Magic for good measure?

It isn't going to happen.

Daniels is a bust in terms of draft position. But, he isn't a pathetic PG.

He's a working man. He's intelligent. He's strong. He's big. He plays solid defense. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes.

What more do we need right now at PG? We need someone capable of running plays! Heck, Dion "My Head Is Never Up" Glover was running PG. We have a rookie from France running PG.

Don't you think a guy - with a career 3-1 TO ratio and this year a 5-1 TO ratio - is better than that?

Play.

• Premium Member

It's interesting that you say that being traded Three times makes Daniels a bust???

OK.

Marbury was traded three times.... ANd he busted JT's ass.

Billups has played for three different teams and he busted JT's ass.

NVE has played for three different teams and he bust JT's ass on the regular.

Howard Eisley has played for three different teams and he bust JT's ass the other night.

Ray Allen has been traded twice... Wouldn't you love to have him?

So has Brent Barry.

So has Jamal Mashburn.

So has Eddie Jones.

So has Chris Webber.

It's fruitless for me to point out your failing Logic in basketball. Your logic suggest that it is right to pass over Chris Webber who has played for the Warriors, Bullets, and Kings because he has played for three teams.

As far as Daniels Now. This year, he leads the League in A/TO. This year he's shooting 50% from the field. This year he's hitting ~40% of his threes. I say that he's better than Can't walk and chew gum at the same time Jason Terry who plays NO defense. If that trade went through, I would like it.

Antonio Daniels

Seattle SuperSonics

Position:  G

Height:  6-4 Weight: 205

College: Bowling Green '97

Player file | Team stats

2003-04 Statistics

PPG 7.9

RPG 1.9

APG 3.3

SPG .82

BPG .05