• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince Carter - Last Season.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Joking aside: Young, Huerter, Collins, and this year’s lottery picks could all benefit greatly from 1 more final year of Vince’s mentoring. 

Time for Trae and Collins to lead

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Time for Trae and Collins to lead

Agreed, to a degree. The Huert, Cal’Omari Spellman, and the 2 new Rooks could still use summa what ole Granpaw Carter is cookin’ 🔥 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Agreed, to a degree. The Huert, Cal’Omari Spellman, and the 2 new Rooks could still use summa what ole Granpaw Carter is cookin’ 🔥 

Kinda hard for old school to lead new school...Plus this isn't Vince's team...It's Trae's team

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Kinda hard for old school to lead new school...Plus this isn't Vince's team...It's Trae's team

It’s not kinda hard, it’s how mentoring actually works. And we agree this is Trae’s team, but Trae only has 81 games under his belt and is still learning. One more season of Vinsanity is perfect, for mentoring and for FA gravitas 💪🏽

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just now, hazer said:

It’s not kinda hard, it’s how mentoring actually works. And we agree this is Trae’s team, but Trae only has 81 games under his belt and is still learning. One more season of Vinsanity is perfect, for mentoring and for FA gravitas 💪🏽

What’s Ice TrATL going to teach The Huert, Cal’Omari Spellman, Cam Reddish, Sekou Kobayashi, and You-Serious-Clarke? about how to handle playoff pressure, dealing with bad calls, getting inside the heads of combative opponents, and which clubs have the best table dances? Nothing, that’s Uncle Vince’s job for 1 more year 💃🏻 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hazer said:

We have 9 guaranteed contract and Dedmon would make 10 if resigned.  We also have 5 draft picks and $40 mil to spent in free agency.  no room

1 minute ago, hazer said:

What’s Ice TrATL going to teach The Huert, Cal’Omari Spellman, Cam Reddish, Sekou Kobayashi, and You-Serious-Clarke? about how to handle playoff pressure, dealing with bad calls, getting inside the heads of combative opponents, and which clubs have the best table dances? Nothing, that’s Uncle Vince’s job for 1 more year 💃🏻 

Olé 🕺

• Like 1

We have 9 guaranteed contract and Dedmon would make 10 if resigned.  We also have 5 draft picks and $40 mil to spent in free agency.  no room

Here’s a guarantee: Schlank only uses 3 of those picks. There’s a spot for a mentoring HOF legend to retire a Hawk. CLP already said he’d love to have him back. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Sign a younger vet if you're that concerned.  But Trae does have a father that played in the NBA correct?  He does talk to John Nash correct?  Train with other vets right?  Why does he need Vince Cater on the team to talk to him about how to be a pro?  That's just a phone conversation.  Roster spots are valuable again on this team.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sign a younger vet if you're that concerned.  But Trae does have a father that played in the NBA correct?  He does talk to John Nash correct?  Train with other vets right?  Why does he need Vince Cater on the team to talk to him about how to be a pro?  That's just a phone conversation.  Roster spots are valuable again on this team.

Those guys aren’t on/in the same bench, floor, locker room, plane, hotel. I think you’re underestimating VC’s influence and effect on last year’s Young’nz and team as a whole. Many of them have made a point to mention it, you can find quotes.

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Here’s a guarantee: Schlank only uses 3 of those picks. There’s a spot for a mentoring HOF legend to retire a Hawk. CLP already said he’d love to have him back. 

I’m good with 2 solid rookies on the roster this year. Quality over quantity, we are building the big pieces here let’s not skimp.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just now, hazer said:

Those guys aren’t on/in the same bench, floor, locker room, plane, hotel. I think you’re underestimating VC’s influence and effect on last year’s Young’nz and team as a whole. Many of them have made a point to mention it, you can find quotes.

He’s essentially an assistant coach who can still drop 20 and dunk. A damn good one who the players love.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m good with 2 solid rookies on the roster this year. Quality over quantity, we are building the big pieces here let’s not skimp.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

According to @NBASupes We are trying acquire an additional 1st round pick this year thru a salary dump trade

According to @NBASupes We are trying acquire an additional 1st round pick this year thru a salary dump trade

But 2 or 3 Rooks vs 5 leaves a spot for VC, even if Deadmon Walking and a FA is signed. 

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Additional while keeping 8 and 10? 🤔 If we slide down then I’m guessing we don’t keep both 8 and 10. I guess we can have 3 rookies in round one two years in a row. That’s like half our active roster. 

In Schlenk we trust I guess. You need some vets sprinkled in though, like vince, Ded and a couple more.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Additional while keeping 8 and 10? 🤔 If we slide down then I’m guessing we don’t keep both 8 and 10. I guess we can have 3 rookies in round one two years in a row. That’s like half our active roster. 

In Schlenk we trust I guess. You need some vets sprinkled in though, like vince, Ded and a couple more.

All Schlenk has said is he doesn't forsee using the 5 picks.  We'll be using the 2 1sts on players. The 3 2nds are a tossup. Traded for future 2nds, cash considerations, draft and stash, combined in a move up.

I think they are looking for 2020 1st for a salary dump. 

If we get a later 1st say #21, it could be to combine it with 8 and #35 and move up 2/3 spots, while still keeping 10.

There are a myriad of moving parts...some team might want Baze and his expiring contract.

If we need a roster spot badly, waive Plumlee.

What if they trade Spellman and #35 to move up 

Trading Prince is also an option.

Hawks want Ded back, but there's no guarantee he is.

Lots of moving parts and EVERYTHING is fluid and in constant motion.

Trades and Rumors of Trades - tis the season!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All Schlenk has said is he doesn't forsee using the 5 picks.  We'll be using the 2 1sts on players. The 3 2nds are a tossup. Traded for future 2nds, cash considerations, draft and stash, combined in a move up.

I think they are looking for 2020 1st for a salary dump. 

If we get a later 1st say #21, it could be to combine it with 8 and #35 and move up 2/3 spots, while still keeping 10.

There are a myriad of moving parts...some team might want Baze and his expiring contract.

If we need a roster spot badly, waive Plumlee.

What if they trade Spellman and #35 to move up 

Trading Prince is also an option.

Hawks want Ded back, but there's no guarantee he is.

Lots of moving parts and EVERYTHING is fluid and in constant motion.

Trades and Rumors of Trades - tis the season!!!

They been trying to add 2020 picks since the trade deadline but teams aren't interested unless they are the contenders. 

From what I got, there is a chance they could land two more additional 1sts. Not from what Travis on radio said but what I got from all of my contacts is Atlanta is open to taking salary 2019/20 to trade up in this draft from the 2nd round.

There is an expectation among the staffers that Dedmon and VC will not be back next year but that both players will be coveted by other teams in FA.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They been trying to add 2020 picks since the trade deadline but teams aren't interested unless they are the contenders. 

From what I got, there is a chance they could land two more additional 1sts. Not from what Travis on radio said but what I got from all of my contacts is Atlanta is open to taking salary 2019/20 to trade up in this draft from the 2nd round.

There is an expectation among the staffers that Dedmon and VC will not be back next year but that both players will be coveted by other teams in FA.

Just to clarify, they want BOTH players back