• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince Carter - Last Season.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They been trying to add 2020 picks since the trade deadline but teams aren't interested unless they are the contenders. 

From what I got, there is a chance they could land two more additional 1sts. Not from what Travis on radio said but what I got from all of my contacts is Atlanta is open to taking salary 2019/20 to trade up in this draft from the 2nd round.

There is an expectation among the staffers that Dedmon and VC will not be back next year but that both players will be coveted by other teams in FA.

But it's not like we currently have capspace in 2019 to take on salary without sending salary back. So we can't take a salary dump now.

We won't have the capspace until FA starts July 1st which will be after the draft. Meaning deals for 2019 1st would have to be agreed to in priniciple until July 1st. So we'd have to take whoever teams select in the 2019 draft. (They draft on our behalf)

Unless teams after Bazemore and Plumlee's expirings in exchange for us adding 2020/21 salary.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying the bolded. They want both players back but they'll have suitors.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

But it's not like we currently have capspace in 2019 to take on salary without sending salary back. So we can't take a salary dump now.

We won't have the capspace until FA starts July 1st which will be after the draft. Meaning deals for 2019 1st would have to be agreed to in priniciple until July 1st. So we'd have to take whoever teams select in the 2019 draft. (They draft on our behalf)

Unless teams after Bazemore and Plumlee's expirings in exchange for us adding 2020/21 salary.

Edit: Thanks for clarifying the bolded. They want both players back but they'll have suitors.

I don't think it's about money. I think it's about where they are at. Dedmon wants stable starting job. VC wants to return but he will have contender interest with actual Mins offers. Just saying, its not about money why they are worried. The Hawks could take on bad one year contracts for 2019/20, cut them and still have 12-15 million in cap space not to mention the non-taypayer MLE. They are gucci in terms of money. 

It's about their opportunities. Vince did so good, actual winners want him now.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think it's about money. I think it's about where they are at. Dedmon wants stable starting job. VC wants to return but he will have contender interest with actual Mins offers. Just saying, its not about money why they are worried. The Hawks could take on bad one year contracts for 2019/20, cut them and still have 12-15 million in cap space not to mention the non-taypayer MLE. They are gucci in terms of money. 

You're misunderstanding the previous post regarding getting a 2020 pick for salary dump. To end this season around draft time we don't have capspace to take a salary dump. It'll have to be for the 2019/20 season after July 1st which means we'll be looking for a 2020 pick since the 2019 draft would have passed, unless we take the player they select.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

You're misunderstanding the previous post regarding getting a 2020 pick for salary dump. To end this season around draft time we don't have capspace to take a salary dump. It'll have to be for the 2019/20 season after July 1st which means we'll be looking for a 2020 pick since the 2019 draft would have passed, unless we take the player they select.

Example: if OKC sends us their 2019 #21 and Adams we'd have to send them equal salary which does nothing for their luxury tax this and next season.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Example: if OKC sends us their 2019 #21 and Adams we'd have to send them equal salary which does nothing for their luxury tax this and next season.

Adams wouldn't be an option for the Hawks. Multi year contract. Hawks want nothing to do with that. I was just adding everyone here what type of deal would you do for Adams. The comp i got was Atlanta is not interested in salary pass next year.

As for your posts, I've been told numerous times that teams don't want to trade assets of the bad offseason contracts for 2020 draft, they want to offload it this year if they feel they need too. Miami is working with Cleveland to offload 2020/21 unattractive players so they could make a run at LeBron if ish hits the fan.

They want both Bron and AD in Miami. Pat got a plan.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

As for your posts, I've been told numerous times that teams don't want to trade assets of the bad offseason contracts for 2020 draft, they want to offload it this year if they feel they need too. Miami is working with Cleveland to offload 2020/21 unattractive players so they could make a run at LeBron if ish hits the fan.

They want both Bron and AD in Miami. Pat got a plan.

Well we just got a 2020 1st for yhe Crabbe dump.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think it might have had more to do with TP but that said, impressive! 

Either way, wether it's a 2021 1st for TP or for the Crabbe dump....I like.

• Like 1