• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks team day 8/30 NBA Tv

Dnice

• Moderators

Starts at 6 AM Eastern tomorrow!

Our Team Days are among the few that's peppered with Ls, but there are a few nice Ws in the mix.

6-8 AM Pistol Pete vs. Connie Hawkins and the Suns on Christmas Day 1970. The Original Sweet Lou had 33 points in that one

8-10 AM... Nique scores 45 in Philly to beat Barkley and the Sixers on Christmas Day 1987

10-12 Noon... The Nique-Bird Duel, Game 7 of the 1988 Conference Semifinals

Noon-2 PM... 1998 Game vs KG and the Timberwolves, I think Dikembe went crazy on the boards in that one (29 rebounds)

2-4 PM... it says Hawks "at" (??? that's not right) Celtics in Game 6 of the 2008 First Round series. Marvin shines!

4-6 PM... Jazz at Hawks in a 2012 4-OT barn-burning thrill ride, starring a future (BIG3) MVP in Joe Johnson

6-7 PM... 2015 Hawks-Wizards in 2015 Conference Semis. Sorry, Paul Pierce, you're too slow. Hawks call series!

7-7:30 PM... Nique beats out MJ and wins the 1985 Dunk Contest

7:30-whenever... WNBA action, it's Fannnnntastic!!! Sorry, Smoove, there was no room for your Dunk Contest win this year

9:30 (approx)-10 PM... Spud shocks the world wins the 1986 Dunk Contest, edging out Nique

10-12 Midnite... Trae Day (49 points) against the Bulls this past March. Is there a defender in the house? 3rd-highest-scoring game in NBA history... for now...

~lw3

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

6-8 AM Pistol Pete vs. Connie Hawkins and the Suns on Christmas Day 1970. The Original Sweet Lou had 33 points in that one

Only one I’m not too familiar with and looking forward to refreshing my memory. Always a joy to watch Pistol 🔫 even though he was before my time.

6 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Starts at 6 AM Eastern tomorrow!

Our Team Days are among the few that's peppered with Ls, but there are a few nice Ws in the mix.

8-10 AM... Nique scores 45 in Philly to beat Barkley and the Sixers on Christmas Day 1987

10-12 Noon... The Nique-Bird Duel, Game 7 of the 1988 Conference Semifinals

Noon-2 PM... 1998 Game vs KG and the Timberwolves, I think Dikembe went crazy on the boards in that one (29 rebounds)

2-4 PM... it says Hawks "at" (??? that's not right) Celtics in Game 6 of the 2008 First Round series. Marvin shines!

4-6 PM... Jazz at Hawks in a 2012 4-OT barn-burning thrill ride, starring a future (BIG3) MVP in Joe Johnson

6-7 PM... 2015 Hawks-Wizards in 2015 Conference Semis. Sorry, Paul Pierce, you're too slow. Hawks call series!

7-7:30 PM... Nique beats out MJ and wins the 1985 Dunk Contest

7:30-whenever... WNBA action, it's Fannnnntastic!!! Sorry, Smoove, there was no room for your Dunk Contest win this year

9:30 (approx)-10 PM... Spud shocks the world wins the 1986 Dunk Contest, edging out Nique

10-12 Midnite... Trae Day (49 points) against the Bulls this past March. Is there a defender in the house? 3rd-highest-scoring game in NBA history... for now...

~lw3

They should also include the Dec 25th xmas day game in 1989. Spud, Moses and Nique all shined against the Cavs team with Price and company. I still have that one on VHS 📼.

Another great one ☝🏾 I have on tape is Feb 16 1991. A young Kemp was hot 🥵 but Nique had 36,10,5 showing his all around game and Spud had 24/14, another gem 💎!

Enjoy the games everyone!

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2