• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Don!

Spud2nique

Who has done best for himself in 2019?

Braves third baseman Josh Donaldson. He and agent Dan Lozano took a decided risk in agreeing to a one-year, $23 million deal and going the make-good route. And they've come out the other side looking brilliant for it. Yes, Donaldson turns 34 in December. But the way he has played -- hitting .260/.374/.529 with 32 home runs -- he's well within his rights to pursue a multiyear deal at a higher cost than he's making this season. The bat, the glove, the work ethic -- Donaldson is rather similar to the last player whose make-good deal went so well: Adrian Beltre.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27483166/passan-playing-20-questions-2019-20-mlb-hot-stove-season

• Thanks 2

Josh Bone Thuggin out here Spud.  He done creeped up on (and passed) Ronald and Freddie in WAR.  I know AA’s apprehension with singing him long term to a rich contract but damn what more can he do.  If winning matters to Josh he’s gotta take a haircut.  A literal haircut wouldn’t hurt either.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Josh Bone Thuggin out here Spud.  He done creeped up on (and passed) Ronald and Freddie in WAR.  I know AA’s apprehension with singing him long term to a rich contract but damn what more can he do.  If winning matters to Josh he’s gotta take a haircut.  A literal haircut wouldn’t hurt either.

Man he is bringing it. I kept saying this is one of the best signing the Braves made and compared it to getting Millsap for us. I’ve followed the guy’s career because he played 40 min away from me in Oakland forever and a good friend of mine is a Blue Jays fan so I kept an eye on him as a jay as well. The guy is just simply a rugged baller who loves the game and brings it baby!

• Like 1