• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Series: How good could Spud 🥔 have been

Spud2nique

Fitting I’d make this thread 🧵 right? Hehe 🙃 Seriously though this dude was unselfish as they come and found people with sick dimes and had ELITE athleticism. In my opinion, we kind of wasted his career. We, I mean the Hawks never gave him a full chance that he deserved like Muggsy got over there 👉 in Charlotte. AND THAT DUDE WAS SHORTER! 😉 

His stats should have been better. 

First few years he averaged like 16 min a game with us, only the last 2 years he got up to about 28ish. Then when he went to Sac, in the 30’s consistency for 4 years. 

On behalf of the Hawks, I’m sorry Spud. We didn’t maximize your career and apparently had no plans for you but you were so good that you just kept sticking around.

What say you?

• Like 3

• Premium Member

When Spud went to SacTown.. He played with Mitch Richmond and Pete Chillcutt!

While he was here, we didn't take advantage of his passing ability.. it seems.  With Mitch, he went from high 5 apg to 7s.  Maybe it was a system where ball movement was key and PG play was a necessity.  No more Nique, Theus, and Moses pounded the ball and no more coming off the bench. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When Spud went to SacTown.. He played with Mitch Richmond and Pete Chillcutt!

While he was here, we didn't take advantage of his passing ability.. it seems.  With Mitch, he went from high 5 apg to 7s.  Maybe it was a system where ball movement was key and PG play was a necessity.  No more Nique, Theus, and Moses pounded the ball and no more coming off the bench. 

Yup. Pretty much. The rock was one of the underrated 2 guards of his time. Warriors should have never broken up run TMC with that trade for Owens. 

Ya, Spud played with a hall of famer and given a chance. I really liked that Sac team they have a nice couple drafts I remember L 🚂 and Causwell ..Travis Mays. Kings had it goin on! A few years later they would get even better with the overhaul that brought in CWebb (for Mitch coincidentally) Peja, Bibby and company but I digress.

We wasted like a few of Spud’s prime years, at least age wise. 

23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Fitting I’d make this thread 🧵 right? Hehe 🙃 Seriously though this dude was unselfish as they come and found people with sick dimes and had ELITE athleticism. In my opinion, we kind of wasted his career. We, I mean the Hawks never gave him a full chance that he deserved like Muggsy got over there 👉 in Charlotte. AND THAT DUDE WAS SHORTER! 😉 

His stats should have been better. 

First few years he averaged like 16 min a game with us, only the last 2 years he got up to about 28ish. Then when he went to Sac, in the 30’s consistency for 4 years. 

On behalf of the Hawks, I’m sorry Spud. We didn’t maximize your career and apparently had no plans for you but you were so good that you just kept sticking around.

What say you?

Stop blatantly sulking about late game minutes and you won't get traded. Read this in a fortune cookie once upon a time. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Spud sulked? 🤔 I mean, he had a right, not to sulk but demand more pt for Fratello.

When he was outplayed at point he wouldn't even talk to reporters. Paid well enough not to go that route would think.

• Sad 1