• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dawgs Roundball 2020

Thomas

Figured maybe I can bury the past weeks of less and less confidence in our program and start a soon to be new season thread. We landed a JUCO  named Tyron McMillan whose fame is he played along side our Mighty Mouse point guard Wheeler in the past. If Hammonds is gone then Crean may be expecting this 6'8" 220 pound guy to defend other post players or another cat the same size such as Jonathan Ned or maybe Peake, sounds like I am reaching huh. McMillan can actually play but really all our existing bigs are in that 6'8" range and without any girth. If Hammonds does come back since he really possibly will not get drafted then we have our 6'9" tweener forward playing the C, he is physically bigger though he doesn't like to play like it. We are also trying to land Cardwell who is 6'10" and played at McEachern, a slow footed guy from his clips but at least can be a center I hope. A good number of different players coming in so maybe a lineup comes to fruition but right now Fagan would be the best shot at a starting SG for example. Like the guy because he goes after it on both ends but the problem is the same as other positions for us, his ceiling. Two years ago I was happy we brought in Crean because of the entertainment part of the run and gun but now realize Crean is pretty much just a skid mark for a coach. The best I can muster right now is "just hoping for better" next season. A yearly theme for me.

Dimencio Vaughn is a big SG in the mix for UGA at the moment. JUCO with one year left. Yeah ok, maybe Crean realizes that one year is what he has left to save his bacon. Man would that kid help the starting five out though. Here is a pretty good clip.   

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/recruiting/dimencio-vaughn-final-three-basketball

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, Thomas said:

Dimencio Vaughn is a big SG in the mix for UGA at the moment. JUCO with one year left. Yeah ok, maybe Crean realizes that one year is what he has left to save his bacon. Man would that kid help the starting five out though. Here is a pretty good clip.   

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/recruiting/dimencio-vaughn-final-three-basketball

On 4/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, Thomas said:

With Hammonds signing with an agent, you boys might be playing 3-on-5 this next season.  Sad part is, the record may not be much different.  I kid, I kid ... :heya:

For some encouragement, the year after we lost Bosh to the draft is the year we went to the title game.  Maybe that's in your future?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, kg01 said:

With Hammonds signing with an agent, you boys might be playing 3-on-5 this next season.  Sad part is, the record may not be much different.  I kid, I kid ... :heya:

For some encouragement, the year after we lost Bosh to the draft is the year we went to the title game.  Maybe that's in your future?

Didn't Princeton win a first round NCAA tourney game with a 6"5" center in the past? Something about them beating the reigning NCAA champs? Oh yeah they never turned the ball over....nevermind. The Dawgs biggest stat would have to be turnovers the past two seasons would think. Crean or coincidence? Still pulling that tooth you know. As for Hammonds, as long as he has a bottle of No Doz around he could stick in the Big or G league because there is talent with him. Just seems unengaged too often. 

Crean is grabbing transfers" period" at this point. Did get a decent kid that {of course is very undersized for the paint) can play some D and battle overall. P.J. Horne from VT has actually played some minutes at C/PF. We are still very, very small but look pretty athletic so maybe we push closer to .500 in the conference. Yeah, am being overly optimistic here to say the least and really am not expecting so much but I'll watch and pull that tooth if necessary you know. Has been no news that I can find at all on our recruit McMillan who supposedly was ready to sign and is 6'8" which would surely help in the paint, so will he be in Athens or not? 

Come on @kg01. Rub it in guy. The Dawgs have a Middle School level post game. Not am I only ready for abuse but I agree with you here. Bruises eventually turn yellow and fade away don't they? 

Wondering with all these transfers if other scholarship players are gonna be negatively affected. All this started with the JUCO guys Ned and Starks.Then McMillan who as far as I know hasn't actually signed yet. And lately its Horne and Garcia coming in. Five transfers is a ton for one year. Here is something on the latest addition. 

6’5” Andrew Garcia, a grad transfer from Stony Brook, has finally committed to the University of Georgia. Garcia averaged 13.4 points, 6.7 rebounds & 1.6 steals this season. Immediately eligible for Coach Crean & the Dawgs.

As it turns out there is a scholarship player leaving. PF guy Mike Peake is heading out. Hustled for us but playing time being behind Camara was hard for him to find. Wish him luck wherever he ends up. 

• 1 month later...

Just to give an idea of how small we are. In the post alone. A Grad student coming in for one year is 6'6", Horne. McMillan has three years of availability and is 6'8" and played his freshman year at a Texas junior college. A third string level junior transfer at PF and is a remote possibility at C, Ned is 6'9" but barely cracks 200 pounds. Think we just might get out rebounded folks.