• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chennedy Carter is the Female Trae Young

NBASupes

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2 weeks is catastrophic in a 22 game season.

They're already 2 - 6 with the loss tonight.  By the time Carter comes back, they'll literally have about 6 - 8 games left to go.

They probably need at minimum 9 wins to get in.  So they need to really step it up without Hollywood in the lineup.

This team is garbage either way. We need to get a top 3 pick, hopefully a big wing anyway.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As far as big guards and wings, I mentioned Tiffany returning under contract next season. But, if Chris Sienko, who is sort of a package deal as a GM-Coach tandem with Collen, is indeed sticking with Collen through thin and thinner, then perhaps that implies making the clean break with high-salaried hangers-on like Tiffany and Elizabeth via trades (if he could swing a future second-rounder for Mo Billings, that'd be greaaat), and formally building a young roster with Carter as the centerpiece.

The top-shooting guards are currently projected by Draftsite to go late in the 1st Round, although if there's some spring basketball in 2021, then UConn's (via Lady Vol Country) Evina Westbrook and Baylor's Didi Richards (Supes will appreciate that they're both six-footers; Richards won Naismith DPOY) will earn enough positive pub to nudge them up the draft board.

She'd be a stretch-four if she wasn't just 5-foot-11, but I'm fond of UCLA's Michaela Onyenwere, who spent this time last summer with Chennedy earning silver for Team USA at the Pan-Am Games down in Lima. The Americans fell short to our old friend Erika DeSouza and a bunch of old-heads from Brazil. "ONIONS!" is a solid rebounder and scorer who could stand to expand her range some more.

Some Big 12 bigs are seen as the top of the incoming WNBA class, Okie State's Natasha Mack and Texas' Charli Collier. Mack reminds me of Sancho Lyttle with her knack for getting steals; Collier's 6-foot-5 and can plunk down threes with ease. The same can be said for Awak Kuier, a 6-foot-5 Finnish girl who can certainly finish. Kuier will kill the time before the Draft playing as a pro in Italy.

Atlanta getting a high 2021 pick, then trading down for more picks, feels like The Move. Of our lottery rivals, New York had five of the top-15 selections in 2020's Draft, and Dallas had three of the top-7, and all those rooks are getting playing time in the Wubble. The Wings have their own pick, plus Washington's and Chicago's in 2021. They can't possibly add even more newbies around Arike Ogunbowale, so Dallas sounds like an ideal trading partner.

~lw3

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

As far as big guards and wings, I mentioned Tiffany returning under contract next season. But, if Chris Sienko, who is sort of a package deal as a GM-Coach tandem with Collen, is indeed sticking with Collen through thin and thinner, then perhaps that implies making the clean break with high-salaried hangers-on like Tiffany and Elizabeth via trades (if he could swing a future second-rounder for Mo Billings, that'd be greaaat), and formally building a young roster with Carter as the centerpiece.

The top-shooting guards are currently projected by Draftsite to go late in the 1st Round, although if there's some spring basketball in 2021, then UConn's (via Lady Vol Country) Evina Westbrook and Baylor's Didi Richards (Supes will appreciate that they're both six-footers; Richards won Naismith DPOY) will earn enough positive pub to nudge them up the draft board.

She'd be a stretch-four if she wasn't just 5-foot-11, but I'm fond of UCLA's Michaela Onyenwere, who spent this time last summer with Chennedy earning silver for Team USA at the Pan-Am Games down in Lima. The Americans fell short to our old friend Erika DeSouza and a bunch of old-heads from Brazil. "ONIONS!" is a solid rebounder and scorer who could stand to expand her range some more.

Some Big 12 bigs are seen as the top of the incoming WNBA class, Okie State's Natasha Mack and Texas' Charli Collier. Mack reminds me of Sancho Lyttle with her knack for getting steals; Collier's 6-foot-5 and can plunk down threes with ease. The same can be said for Awak Kuier, a 6-foot-5 Finnish girl who can certainly finish. Kuier will kill the time before the Draft playing as a pro in Italy.

Atlanta getting a high 2021 pick, then trading down for more picks, feels like The Move. Of our lottery rivals, New York had five of the top-15 selections in 2020's Draft, and Dallas had three of the top-7, and all those rooks are getting playing time in the Wubble. The Wings have their own pick, plus Washington's and Chicago's in 2021. They can't possibly add even more newbies around Arike Ogunbowale, so Dallas sounds like an ideal trading partner.

~lw3

I would prefer if they tried to land younger stars instead. Diamond DeShields for example. Try to get Wilson. Bring back home Maya, I know she's older but still a beast. I don't know if this draft got that juice this year. 

I honestly don't know why we got Courtney Williams for. I never thought she was that good. She's the WNBA's Kelly Oubre. Liz Williams is good to me but she's not a great fit in the new system. 

We need shooters, big wings who can defend and score. Two way wings basically. We need a big like Musselman. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...