• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Series Wins, Ranked

benhillboy

Numero uno.

#1!

FIRST!

1. 2021 Hawks/ Knicks

Reason: Trae the commander and a tank with a plan.

2. 2009 Hawks/Heat They thuggy and came off the ring a couple years back. JJ wasn’t having it. Plus a (w)Hor(e) and a springy Smoove who actually blocked shots back then.

3. 2011 Hawks/Magic- How do you like your Craw? Plus I won $950 on that series betting the Hawks in an underdog series bet. 

4. 1997 Hawks/Pistons We took it 3-2. It was a fun core with Deke/Mookie/Smitty and co. I always knew in the back of my mind that the Bulls were next and thus we had very little hope but beating an aging Joe Dumars who had been a thorn on our side for all those Nique years, and a young Grant Hill entering his prime was cool.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2021 at 10:48 PM, benhillboy said:

Where does this series win rank in your Hawks History?  This one is pretty damn high up there as I mostly panicked during the 60 win team’s first two series, then felt pity.  Larry Drew made a miraculous one-season turnaround as an underdog but it still wasn’t as dominant and wildly entertaining like this one.  

I figured the Hawks would win this one fairly comfortably but damn the balance on both ends was just awesome.  We haven’t had a National coming-out party of a superstar in the playoffs since Nique.  Can’t say I remember that one vividly.

One man's superstar equals the same man's role player. 😅

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I will say this is second to the Washington series to get to the ECF. It wiped out the narrative that the Hawks hadn't been. 

Now if we get there this year and beat Bud and the Bucks, def number one. I won't count my chickens before they hatch though. Philly is tough.

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 1

Living in the present myself. #1. This is wonderful and the extra spice is it really is blowing away and to some extent converting the so called experts across the land. Painfully so. Their pain is our pleasure. 

17 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Nique vs Bird shootout series is #1 ... we didn't win but people still talk about it

Easily one of if not the greatest one on one fourth quarters of all time in that series. I wake up at times reflecting on that one. 

• Like 2