• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Series Wins, Ranked

benhillboy

Where does this series win rank in your Hawks History?  This one is pretty damn high up there as I mostly panicked during the 60 win team’s first two series, then felt pity.  Larry Drew made a miraculous one-season turnaround as an underdog but it still wasn’t as dominant and wildly entertaining like this one.  

I figured the Hawks would win this one fairly comfortably but damn the balance on both ends was just awesome.  We haven’t had a National coming-out party of a superstar in the playoffs since Nique.  Can’t say I remember that one vividly.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

#1?

Honestly I appreciate the idea of this thread but all it's doing is making me analyze how pathetic our playoff history is lol

True dat.  The Woody Years smh.

Edited by benhillboy

44 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Where does this series win rank in your Hawks History?  This one is pretty damn high up there as I mostly panicked during the 60 win team’s first two series, then felt pity.  Larry Drew made a miraculous one-season turnaround as an underdog but it still wasn’t as dominant and wildly entertaining like this one.  

I figured the Hawks would win this one fairly comfortably but damn the balance on both ends was just awesome.  We haven’t had a National coming-out party of a superstar in the playoffs since Nique.  Can’t say I remember that one vividly.

I'm trying to pull up the memory banks and the only one more satisfying was them advancing to their first ECFs in 2015. Besides that, maybe the Orlando series? Beating Detroit in '86 (first playoff series win since the '70s), only to run into the Boston buzzsaw days later? 

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Obvs the Orlando and Washington series are the only other two series that can compare... at least in the last 20 years. IMO the Washington series was a little bittersweet... yes, it was great to go through and to do so in that dramatic fashion was entertaining. At the same time the team was not playing well at all, that Was team was pretty damn weak and a great team would have dominated them... to me it was obvious we were not playing very good basketball and would get crushed by the Cavs, which is exactly what happened. So while making the first ECF run in our Atlanta history was a neat accomplishment it didn't feel like much of an achievment when the end result was exactly the same as it always has been... absolute domination by Lebron/MJ.

The Orlando series probably ranks 1a/1b along with this one. Larry Drew had this team playing great, getting payback for the previous playoff embarassment was a rare joy. I think that team really had a shot against the Bulls, and if the officiating hadn't been the typical shaft job we would have gone to seven and possibly won that series. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I have to say I liked our win in 2010 vs. the Orlando Magic. 

They had D  Howard.  Jameer Nelson and their merry men and they had beaten us the year before.   BUt this was Larry Drew at the helm. 

The Bud years were good too... Especially pushing the Pacers. 

Not just beaten us but beaten us by what I think is an epic record setting lopsided margin.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The thing about getting to ECF is we still getting get any national respect and then getting swept made it even worse.

With this series, the way we played, and the historic Trae games people are taking notice and respecting what we have.   Even a loss in the next round won't diminish that and.....we aint' losing.   

• Like 3

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Strongly considering making this series #1

Well they stayed on message!  lol.   what's wrong with these folks.   

We'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkkkk..........in the lottery.

• Haha 1