• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Atlanta Lose Atlanta Game 6??

Diesel

• Premium Member

We were on the comeback trail in game 6. Trae Young nailed an absurdly tough three-pointer with his Hawks down one and the clock ticking under two minutes left.   Then... The Lights go out.

Philly had 1 time out left.  We had momentum...

But this lights out moment gave Philly a time out... they came back and finished the game.

Did this miscue cause us that home win in game 6?

I know somebody had a pariody involving Adam Silver, feel free to post it here.. but seriously... did this cause us that game?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I know somebody had a pariody involving Adam Silver, feel free to post it here.. but seriously... did this cause us that game?

Yes it did. The Hawks had all the momentum at that point and the 76ers body language looked exactly how it looked during the other losses. The knew they were finished. A stop and another score and the series would have been over in Game 6. The lights going out completely stopped the momentum. 

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We were on the comeback trail in game 6. Trae Young nailed an absurdly tough three-pointer with his Hawks down one and the clock ticking under two minutes left.   Then... The Lights go out.

Philly had 1 time out left.  We had momentum...

But this lights out moment gave Philly a time out... they came back and finished the game.

Did this miscue cause us that home win in game 6?

Philly took a timeout right after Trae's 3.  Then when they came back from commercial, the lights went out.   I personally don't think the extra time after the lights went out would've changed anything  Sixers just made the plays going down the stretch.

Hawks lost this game when they gave up their halftime lead in the first 2 minutes.  Last night was different.  We never let the game get out of reach and waited until the end to show the proper poise to win the game.  I knew the Sixers would melt at the end, if the game was close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The important thing that happened was, "The Hawks turned out the lights for Philadelphia!"

They get to rest up for next season.  Their question:  "How many on the present roster will return?"

:hi:

• Like 1