• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Il Lento e il Furiouso: Tokyo Drift

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Clearly, I wasn't doing my logistics right! Slovenia stormed back in the fourth quarter to edge Spain, prevailing by eight. By virtue of their tourney-best point differential, Luka's lads get the #1 seed for the knockout stage.

Italy remains at #5 but, for whatever reason (something about Pots), draws unbeaten and second-seeded France, for obvious reasons a tough quarterfinal draw, instead of Team USA.

For Italy to face the Americans, it would have to be in the Gold Medal round, likely by upsetting France and then Slovenia.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

Italy won't be getting a medal. But you know what Atlanta will be getting? A healthy Gallo returning to town!

Saved up during Group Play for the Quarterfinal, Danilo played 30 bench minutes versus France (3-for-7 2FGs, 2-for-8 3FGs, 9-for-9 FTs, team-high 10 rebounds with his 21 points). He helped Team Italy stay within a point of the Frenchmen at the half, but he wasn't able to bail out a squad (32.4 team FG%) that suffered through the shooting Blues as Rudy Gobert plugged the middle.

The bigger picture, on the other side of the Pacific, is that he appears to be fully intact and ought to be rested and ready to go for Hawks training camp.

His farewell tweet to his countrymen likely reverberates his thoughts after Game 6 of the ECF.

[Google Translate] End of the line. It was a tough game, very difficult, played by giving everything on the pitch. Congratulations to them, but this defeat does not affect what this splendid group has done.

Vieni a casa presto!

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:49 AM, lethalweapon3 said:

Italy won't be getting a medal. But you know what Atlanta will be getting? A healthy Gallo returning to town!

Saved up during Group Play for the Quarterfinal, Danilo played 30 bench minutes versus France (3-for-7 2FGs, 2-for-8 3FGs, 9-for-9 FTs, team-high 10 rebounds with his 21 points). He helped Team Italy stay within a point of the Frenchmen at the half, but he wasn't able to bail out a squad (32.4 team FG%) that suffered through the shooting Blues as Rudy Gobert plugged the middle.

The bigger picture, on the other side of the Pacific, is that he appears to be fully intact and ought to be rested and ready to go for Hawks training camp.

His farewell tweet to his countrymen likely reverberates his thoughts after Game 6 of the ECF.

Vieni a casa presto!

~lw3

You’ve been speaking a lot of Italian to me while Mace hittin me up with that French talk :indifferent: Rosetta Stone is needed, and a calgon bath 🛁 Calgon, take Spud away…

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow. France made it close. Gold!

I honestly feel like the US got away with one this time around. This was the first game in the whole Olympics that the team really showed up in the first half...and France still made it close. 

Nando De Colo is a baller, btw. I gotta think that the only reason he didn't stick in the NBA is that Pop was still committed to a Parker/Ginobili backcourt when he played for the Spurs, and other teams didn't catch onto his level of talent until he went back to Europe and got into a starter's rhythm...by which point he was too old for teams to feel comfortable just bringing him over and handing him lead guard duties. Too bad, really. I think he clearly is an All-Star caliber talent. He's gotta be bitter today that he was denied Gold by Coach Pop as well. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

KD is a prime example of how other countries think the USA is cocky as hell. Lol. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be too cocky if I were KD. It's not like the US cruised at ALL in this tournament (except against renowned basketball powerhouse Iran). Pop struggled with this team early on, but made the most important adjustment of the Games when he had Draymond play "point center" late in the game (neutralizing France's effective ball pressure because Gobert isn't going to play 94 feet). He doesn't make that adjustment, I think the US might have lost, because, talent notwithstanding, this team never meshed and France nearly pulled this one out. 

Edited by niremetal

1 minute ago, niremetal said:

I wouldn't be too cocky.

But they were with that video. KD is just insecure. It’s hard to fathom with all his accolades  but he’s got a lotta d!ckness in him. 

3 minutes ago, niremetal said:

Nando De Colo is a baller, btw.

Been for a minute undermpop and playing behind TP.