I do have one gripe...About our beloved Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Basketball IQ...

I think it was the 3rd qtr.  I looked up it was a tight game and we had gotten the Raptors into the bonus.   There was like 8 1/2 minutes left in the qtr.   It is at this time that our team started employing a shoot three pointer strategy. 

I hope that our young team learns that when they get their opponents into the penalty, it's time to be aggressive and send everything to the rim. 

The other thing. 

Playing Phoenix.. One thing that Phoenix did that I admire is NEXT play.  Phoenix did not argue calls with the refs.. Instead they moved hurriedly to the Next play.   On a couple of occassions they caught us sleeping.  Why do our players feel the need to stop playing to go and argue with the refs when there is no dead ball?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Basketball IQ...

I think it was the 3rd qtr.  I looked up it was a tight game and we had gotten the Raptors into the bonus.   There was like 8 1/2 minutes left in the qtr.   It is at this time that our team started employing a shoot three pointer strategy. 

I hope that our young team learns that when they get their opponents into the penalty, it's time to be aggressive and send everything to the rim. 

The other thing. 

Playing Phoenix.. One thing that Phoenix did that I admire is NEXT play.  Phoenix did not argue calls with the refs.. Instead they moved hurriedly to the Next play.   On a couple of occassions they caught us sleeping.  Why do our players feel the need to stop playing to go and argue with the refs when there is no dead ball?

This is true. Also, they do a lot of ball watching when their teammates shoot.  They loose precious seconds staring and hoping the ball goes in or not cutting to the open spot when teammate is in trouble with a trap, double team, or mismatch. The playoffs start now and they need to go into playoff mode where all those things are critical. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Basketball IQ...

The other thing. 

One thing I have to disagree with there D is that Phoenix complained A LOT about the calls, especially in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

One thing I have to disagree with there D is that Phoenix complained A LOT about the calls, especially in the 4th quarter.

They didn't really complain until the Hawks had them down in the 4th quarter.  Then they complained about everything.  They weren't expecting what they got.  It hurt their ego and they let it show.

:search:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

For about 3 and 2/4 quarters of the game, they didn't lift one complaint.. but I believe as loss started to be their reality, their complaining began.   However, that team that didn't complain, scored a lot of points on us that they were not supposed to because they just jumped right back into action.   I get sick to my stomach watching our guys following refs complaining about Calls JC and Kev... . If the ball is not dead, just jump back to the next play and let Nate handle the refs. 

• Like 1