• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

What did I miss?

shakes

• Premium Member

I was in Israel from 7/10 - 7/28 and then returned to battle stomach flu for the past week as well as the massive pile of work on my desk.  Needless to say I haven't been following the Hawks during that time.  Missed all of summer league.

So what did I miss?  How was summer league?  Did Griffin ever play?

Anything else I missed?

Basically the only thing I know is the highlight from the pro am of DeJohnTrae.   

• Moderators

Martin struggled early in summer league and finished strong.  Got a partially guaranteed two year contract.

Cooper was terrible in summer league and reportedly the Hawks were trying to move him and ended up cutting him when there was no interest.

Griffin never played.

Looks like the Hawks aren't adding any more players of consequence and will be making a move at some point either to add someone of consequence or to drop under the tax line.  I think the latter is more likely.  We do have one roster spot that we aren't required to fill but could sign someone to fill (and if not guaranteed there really isn't a downside as I understand the tax rules).

Hope you are feeling better and had a great and inspiring trip to Israel!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, shakes said:

I was in Israel from 7/10 - 7/28 and then returned to battle stomach flu for the past week as well as the massive pile of work on my desk.  Needless to say I haven't been following the Hawks during that time.  Missed all of summer league.

So what did I miss?  How was summer league?  Did Griffin ever play?

Anything else I missed?

Basically the only thing I know is the highlight from the pro am of DeJohnTrae.   

1. John Collins is still a Hawk 😀

2. Traded Kevin Huerter to Kings for Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless and 2024 1st (lottery protected to varying degrees for 3 years)

3. Signed Aaron Holiday and Frank Kaminsky to a 1 year deals

4. Waived Sharife Cooper from his 2-Way deal - he had an awful awful SL

5. Signed Tyrese Martin to a 2 year partially guaranteed NBA contract.

6. AJ Griffin did not play in SL

7. Kyle Korver has joined the front office as Director of Player Development

8. Tyson Etienne is signed to an Exhibit 10 contract - training camp deal with possibility of parlaying to a 2way deal.

9. Hawks and Hunter are in discussions for an early extension, rumor has it they are currently $20 million apart.

10. JJ is back practicing/conditioning from nonsurgical knee procedure.

11. Bogi rehabbing after knee surgery

I'm sure I missed a few things though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SHAKES:  Get well soon!  Hope you're feeling better!

In addition to everything already posted, there has been some who don't believe that this Hawk team will be very good this upcoming season.  Trying to throw ice water on our enthusiasm.  Not on the Squawk.  National blogger.  What do they know that we don't?

🧑‍🔧Building a winner!

• Like 1