• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pacers

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, georgia said:

Trae is one of the most overrated players in the history of sports.    I’m sorry for my opinion.     But he’s not that great or we’d be winning more.  

Trae willed us to the ECF and was most likely going to beat the Bucks if it wasn't for a bad referee placement. Then followed that up with leading the league in total points and assists in the same season (only the second player in NBA history to do this). Trae is not the problem and is not overrated. You don't blow up a team that has a young generational player like Trae Young on it. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Offensively he is a perfect fit.  Mitchell's offense is recession proof and he's a legitimate 3pt shooter.  Murray isn't.  

Defensively we would have challenges as we do now, but Murray really isn't great when he isn't getting steals and fast breaks which by nature is going to be inconsistent.  

I'm certainly more negative right now and frustrated after a loss so there is exaggeration here but what I'm saying isn't false. 

At the very least we need a new coach before making any major moves, this team has tuned Nate out.  Brooklyn canned Nash and immediately started balling.  We did the same a few years ago after firing Pierce.  I respect Nate but he's never been a championship coach, it's time to go.

I agree that Mitchell is better from three.    

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What good is "blowing it up" with Young going into his prime?   If you blow it up, Trae is gone.

All teams go through growing pains.  This team either has to figure it out, or make a few changes.

The last thing you do right now, is blow it up.

Depends on your definition of blowing it up.....If 2 or 3 new starters is blowing it up Im all for that..... lol

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hope you’re right about that. It’s very hard to see right now .

This whole roster can exist together. It may not be a perfect fit but it doesn’t need to be if the talent is there. 
To me….Murray took a backseat tonight and wasn’t aggressive at all. I’m not sure if it’s because he wanted to allow Collins to shine so he deferred to Trae & Collins or what but he was not his natural aggressive self.

Murray is a very good talent and good fit on certain things next to Trae.

We don’t have as big of a defensive issue as many think….tonight is probably not a good example but we get plenty of stops throughout most of these games but we literally can’t score consistently. It’s very easy to guard us .

im for getting rid of Nate. He’s too simple offensively.

I don't think there's any reason for any of our players to defer.  Just play in the natural flow of the game.  Look for the open man, but  don't overpass the ball and don't waste time and effort dribbling yourself into a trap.  If someone gets trapped, teammates need to come to the trapped player to help instead of just standing around.  We need to relearn fundamentals.

Edited by Watchman

14 minutes ago, georgia said:

Well, this is what we are.     Hovering near 500 and maybe a playoff team but without a pick.    I feel bad for Murray agreeing to come to this disaster 

Hawks have a pick..

• Like 1

Last year we fell to 17-25 because of the Covid games.

If we don’t beat the Lakers on Friday, I believe we could very well be looking at 17-25 for a consecutive season.

The difference this year is I see zero signs we are capable of a 7-game win streak.

Last year we won 7 in a row to get to 24-25.

Injuries happen to every team and are part of the season, especially if you have Clint Capela and Deandre Hunter on your roster.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hope you’re right about that. It’s very hard to see right now .

This whole roster can exist together. It may not be a perfect fit but it doesn’t need to be if the talent is there. 
To me….Murray took a backseat tonight and wasn’t aggressive at all. I’m not sure if it’s because he wanted to allow Collins to shine so he deferred to Trae & Collins or what but he was not his natural aggressive self.

Murray is a very good talent and good fit on certain things next to Trae.

We don’t have as big of a defensive issue as many think….tonight is probably not a good example but we get plenty of stops throughout most of these games but we literally can’t score consistently. It’s very easy to guard us .

im for getting rid of Nate. He’s too simple offensively.

Tonight we also played without Clint and Hunter... our #1 and #3 defensive players. 

I didn't love Bogi tonight.   He's not good in the starters role even though he started off hot.  He ends up doing too much.   Would have rather seen AJ or JJ out there. 

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Tonight we also played without Clint and Hunter... our #1 and #3 defensive players. 

I didn't love Bogi tonight.   He's not good in the starters role even though he started off hot.  He ends up doing too much.   Would have rather seen AJ or JJ out there. 

Hunter? lol

You never know which Dre wouldve showed up..

I said this before but Al Horford has way more value to win for Atlanta than Trae does. Trae's upside is massively higher but he needs so much in place. 

Travis had to get fired for choosing Trae over Luka. At this point, it's not even a debate. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Hawks really drafted Trae over Luka.

So not only did we trade a generational player for a dwarf(sorry Trae) -  We get JAGS like Hunter/Reddish/OO in the lottery. We overpay dearly for 2nd contracts for pansies like Hunter and JC, we draft ZERO contributing 2nd rounders, and trade sharpshooters like Huerter. This franchise just is an abomination..

Thanks Schlenk

Just now, NBASupes said:

I said this before but Al Horford has way more value to win for Atlanta than Trae does. Trae's upside is massively higher but he needs so much in place. 

Travis had to get fired for choosing Trae over Luka. At this point, it's not even a debate. 

It never was..

Just now, terrell said:

So not only did we trade a generational player for a dwarf(sorry Trae) -  We get JAGS like Hunter/Reddish/OO in the lottery. We overpay dearly for 2nd contracts for pansies like Hunter and JC, we draft ZERO contributing 2nd rounders, and trade sharpshooters like Huerter. This franchise just is an abomination..

Thanks Schlenk

It never was..

OO and Hunter aren't JAGs tho

I will always hate the resigning of JC when I told everyone what was going to happen and it did.