• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can this be???

Diesel

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

The offense definitely seems to be playing better as of late.  But turnovers and giving up offensive rebounds (which is basically a turnover IMO) are killing us.

I don't know the answer.  I think Nate's defensive scheme allows for our bigs to be switched out of the paint.   That and allowing easy buckets at the paint (with the turnovers too..) are killing us. 

• Premium Member

Many people have focused on our offense as our failing.   The numbers say otherwise.   It's not fit.  It's not about not being able to score.   It's not about not being able to hit threes.   We have to limit turnovers...  We have to rebound the ball.   If we can do those things, we are primed to win more.

I watched the Clipps destroy the Lakers last night.   They look like the best team in the league when they are healthy.  Of course hitting shots helps, but their ball movement and defensive rotations are top notch. 

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know the answer.  I think Nate's defensive scheme allows for our bigs to be switched out of the paint.   That and allowing easy buckets at the paint (with the turnovers too..) are killing us. 

There is some of that, but we just don't box out consistently.  Not sure if it's coaching or lack of effort from the players.  But when you box someone out, they can't jump, if they do it's an easy over the back call.  I'll see a shot go up and the players just watch the ball in the air, they dont go find a man to box out.  Sometimes I will see 1 or 2 of the guys boxing out and the others ballwatching the shot lets their man sprint into the lane untouched for a running peak jump to compete for the rebound.  Boxing out doesn't work unless everyone is doing it.  One free runner can go grab that board, this is a major problem.  It's just not being coached enough, maybe pros just have too much pride to do the dirty work like boxing out IDK, but it would help tremendously.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

There is some of that, but we just don't box out consistently.  Not sure if it's coaching or lack of effort from the players.  But when you box someone out, they can't jump, if they do it's an easy over the back call.  I'll see a shot go up and the players just watch the ball in the air, they dont go find a man to box out.  Sometimes I will see 1 or 2 of the guys boxing out and the others ballwatching the shot lets their man sprint into the lane untouched for a running peak jump to compete for the rebound.  Boxing out doesn't work unless everyone is doing it.  One free runner can go grab that board, this is a major problem.  It's just not being coached enough, maybe pros just have too much pride to do the dirty work like boxing out IDK, but it would help tremendously.

My 'Thanks' reaction was really:
"Thanks for reminding me of why we lost to the bulls a few weeks ago"

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

The hard part is that boxing out is a skill that I learned before I played organized Basketball.   ON the street top, when the Ball went up, the job was to Box out.   This is the thing about boxing out...

It requires position and effort. 

Like I said previously, other teams have started switching our bigs out of the paint. 

It's cool that CC can get out there on a small.. but it's not good for the overall defense.  Coaches are trying to switch Trae into the post when he's on the court.  IF Trae is not actively trying not to be switched inside, he will allow the other team to get inside.   If we're going to play a zone, let's at least play the right one.  Maybe a 3-2 or a diamond and 1.   Everybody knows the 2-3 and the 2-3 matchup zone.   Those zones can def be busted with good shooting. 

The Clipps beat the Lakers unmercifully last night because the Lakers were zoned up. 

Everydamn starter on the Clipps team can shoot... and so can half of their bench.   We will have to figure out defense... now that offense is doing better. 

• Premium Member

We don't get back in transition defense (even if not off Turnover)

We don't box out on rebounds, we don't aggressively go for rebounds, we wait for the ball.

Live ball TOs

POA defense - of defense on the perimeter lacks punch most games.

• Like 1