• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins classy as ever

sturt

• Premium Member

He's a bonafide leader.   He has high character.  He was voted as a Captain on this team and he should be a Captain. I can't understand why there's such a big rush to move him because it would be very difficult to replace him. 

• Like 4

You know Baptist is my guy i'l always support and follow him no matter where he ends up going.  But as usual i still feel the media and pundits blow more smoke about Collins being moved than their really is.  This happens every trade season and every single season my man stays in a Hawks uni and does it with the upmost grace and respect.   If i was him i would honestly demand out at this point just to get the trade crap over with but he's better than that it seems and i appreciate him for it.   One of if not the best leaders on this team and improves his defense every year.   The most impressive thing to me he does is he knows his offense is going to get screwed over with how much usage the others get.  So he goes out of his way to improve other parts of his game to help where he can like the defense.

• Like 3

Mad respect for his character.  It sucks that his game has a throw back style that is just a little outside of the modern offensive scheme of today's NBA.  Always cheering for his success, though. 
Player's pay agents to get them the best contract possible and sometimes it messes with their value.  The entire league has had every chance to acquire Collins.  We're not being honest with the situation if we think it's just the Hawks that undervalue him.  It's creating an atmosphere where he's perpetually shopped and available, but it always makes more sense to keep him.  I would say it can't last forever like this, but Myles Turner.
Would love to see a winning outcome for the Hawks and Collins whether that means we keep him for good or move him.

• Like 2