• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin O’Conner and the Ringer Simmons suck

Spud2nique

Liar 🤥 

Only two years removed from a trip to the Eastern Conference finals, the once-promising Atlanta Hawks are now spiraling. A play-in berth last season led to their first-round annihilation by the Heat, triggering a front-office makeover and an eventual head-coaching change. On Tuesday, they’ll face the Heat again, this time in the play-in, with the stakes even higher and the face of the franchise’s future potentially hanging in the balance. With the offseason approaching, league sources say the Hawks’ front office has the green light from ownership to do whatever it wants to with the roster, which includes considering trade opportunities involving All-Star point guard Trae Young.
Source: Kevin O’Connor @ The Ringer

• Like 2

KOC has always been hit or miss to me. I do believe he's very smart and logical but question how much of the Hawks does he watch and always have. It feels like he's much better when covering teams like Boston and LAL.

I read the article. Agree with some, massively disagreed with others. Felt he was wrong on Trae, Dre, Murray, and his Okongwu take fell flat. Could have been more in depth. Seemed like a Trae hit piece. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

My Pops told me yesterday that the Heat were gonna send us home tomorrow.

I had to explain to him that the Hawks get two games to win 1 as the 8th seed. So even though I'm not banking on us winning against Miami, all is not over if we lose.

That being said, the stakes really aren't THAT high tomorrow. There were actually a lot higher stakes last season when we literally had to, and did, win two in a row to get in to the playoffs.

And also unlike last season, we match up well with both of our potential 1st round matchups if we do get in.

Im not opening or reading this article to avoid giving it more traffic than it deserves. But just going off the quoted portion in OP, this dude is about as informed as my Pops when it comes to talking about the Hawks right now. Meaning, he knows just enough to have a shitty opinion.

Story of our life, eh?

• Like 3