• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No AJ?? 🤔 lame all rookie team 2022-23

Spud2nique

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

yes, the other criteria is narrative.    Narrative that year started with Doncic's hot start coupled with Trae's rough start and even after Trae picked it up mid December the narrative never changed.

I guarantee no one was looking at advanced stats before placing their vite

No i agree no one is looking at advanced stats but they also don't only consider stats.  as you said narrative, reputation, team all play a role.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Is AJ Griffin as good as Spud and I believe he is?  Personally, I believe he's as close to untouchable as any Hawk currently on the Atlanta roster.  

Ya I have 

1. Trae (handed keys 🔑 to the franchise)

2. OO ( next great ATL center)

3. AJ

4. Saddiq Bey

I would prioritize it like that and basically put everyone else on the block to reshuffle a bit.

5. *DM I have a love/hate with him, he is very athletic and skilled and a midrange genius, he needs to draw fouls more as a star ⭐️. Depending on contract and value of what we can possibly get in return il not against putting him out there for a feel.

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I have 

1. Trae (handed keys 🔑 to the franchise)

2. OO ( next great ATL center)

3. AJ

4. Saddiq Bey

I would prioritize it like that and basically put everyone else on the block to reshuffle a bit.

5. *DM I have a love/hate with him, he is very athletic and skilled and a midrange genius, he needs to draw fouls more as a star ⭐️. Depending on contract and value of what we can possibly get in return il not against putting him out there for a feel.

So where do you put Jalen?  The thing about Jalen is he brings defense and ball creation.  No other front court player on our roster brings what he can do.  Honestly if we believe Okongwu can simply "put in the work" and become a jump shooter over one offseason, Jalen actually had some success with shooting in the G League.  
Across those 12 G League starts, Johnson averaged 20.1 points and 11.8 rebounds to go with 4.1 assists per game. The rookie was 18-of-48 (37.5%) from three-point range with College Park,

Of course Nate McMillan gave a great quote on Jalen over last summer, but the reality is he didn't really Jalen much of a chance. 
An excerpt from Nate McMillan on Jalen Johnson: "We're really looking forward to him playing Summer League, getting better, and earning a right to be in that rotation next season."

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

So where do you put Jalen? 

5-7. He showed me a ton. I slept on him early but that kid has a lot of skill. I’d love to keep him but if a deal presents itself where he may have to be included, it would be hard but I may have to include him.