• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off Topic Question of the Day 6-19

Diesel

• Premium Member

I believe that Beal added to Book and KD with Ayton is a very strong team.  I think people forget how good KD really is.   And Booker is just getting better and better.    Somebody asked why did they lose, I say it's the oft injured Chris Paul.   They spent the whole regular season learning to play with CP3 and then in the playoffs, NO CP3.   Probably why Monty was fired. 

I have no love for Frank Vogle but I believe he's going to have them ready to play.   I also think that playing Cam Payne and Saben Lee from the start will be the key for continuity. 

The efficiency question is going to be less of a question with a healthy KD.   KD is really good.  HIstorically good.   If Vogel puts in any type of offense that works on ball and body movement, Phoenix should be a monster. 

The question is can they beat Denver.   I believe that they can.  Without CP3 this past season, they got two wins over Denver.  You put in Beal and now you have more diversity on offense.   Their biggest problem will be the PG learning to play with all these options. 

I’m sure they’ll make it to the second round in the playoffs. I’m not confident they’ll go farther than that. 
A lot will hinge on who they have a PG and if they’ll have the pull to direct the others on the court. Otherwise, I don’t see a lot of movement happening. Without someone telling them where to be and what to do, I see a battle between KD, Booker, and Beal all looking to get theirs. It could get messy. 
I also think KD is on a downward trajectory. He’ll be good, but he won’t be quite as good as we’re used to seeing him. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m sure they’ll make it to the second round in the playoffs. I’m not confident they’ll go farther than that. 
A lot will hinge on who they have a PG and if they’ll have the pull to direct the others on the court. Otherwise, I don’t see a lot of movement happening. Without someone telling them where to be and what to do, I see a battle between KD, Booker, and Beal all looking to get theirs. It could get messy. 
I also think KD is on a downward trajectory. He’ll be good, but he won’t be quite as good as we’re used to seeing him. 

If It can be seen, I highlighted downward trajectory.   I say nawl.   KD is the build and the type of player that doesn't lose much of his game as he gets older.  First off, he's a gym rat.   Second off, he doesn't have the same type of wear and tear that other 7 foot PFs would have.   His game is perimeter based.   He could probably play 5 more years and still put up good numbers.   IF Karl Malone was still productive at 38 and he was inside mostly, I suspect that a healthy KD still got years to go. 

The regular season will be about learning their roles.   I believe Saben Lee has the opportunity to work his way to the BU Position at PG.   He's better than they know.  He's going to be a great story if they give him a shot and he may challenge for the Starters role.   For that reason, I think they should hold off on trading Ayton for a PG. 

• Moderators

KD is 35 years old.   Yeah he's still a great player but I'm not convinced KD/Book/Beal/Ayton is much a a defensive team.  Maybe i'm in the minority.    Beal is a the real question mark to me.  I'm a big fan of Booker.   Just not sure if he fits with Beal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

KD is 35 years old.   Yeah he's still a great player but I'm not convinced KD/Book/Beal/Ayton is much a a defensive team.  Maybe i'm in the minority.    Beal is a the real question mark to me.  I'm a big fan of Booker.   Just not sure if he fits with Beal. 

It's going to be interesting.   Vogel is not Spoelstra.  So i don't expect a lot of defensive plans.. but i can expect some offense...lots of it.