• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Grades and Overall Outlook

sillent

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Kobe Bufkin will be one of the favorite players on this team once he gets consistent playing time. I cannot speak highly enough about him. He checks a LOT of the boxes for this team's needs now and in the future. 

Defense? Check

Passing? Check

Shooting? Check

Size/length? Check

Ability to switch? Check

Basketball IQ? Check

Motor? Check

This "Hawks DNA" you hear Landry and others mention is real.  They want smart players with good attitudes and the dog in them to play defense. Pass it, drive it or shoot it on offense. No wasted time on the court. You will see this be a theme for as long as Landry is here. It is one of Quin's huge coaching points as well. It is the old Doug Moe motion offense principles in the modern NBA. 

I’ll take your word for it because you are my friend. 😊 

… {but he better be good or I’ll prolly yell at you later} :mellow:

18 hours ago, AHF said:

What grading scale do you guys use?  lol

I used to keep a log of drafts in the past and save them all and my grading system was :

Superstar

Star

Starter

Rotational

G- League/Europe/other

Oh boy … you should see some of my grades.. it’ll make you laugh and cry at the same time. Like MKG from your Al mama Der Tucky, next to his name in the 2012 draft I have .. star ⭐🤦‍♀️ 

image.gif.4da78804953ef4a8aba97d85589f8370.gif

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, JTB said:

So who’s Hunters replacement? Is he on this roster? 

I envision my teams differently so I get it not being the norm but I would develop Mo Gee into that. A 6'11 small forward to pair with smaller guards to balance the length.

PG Trae SG DJ SF MoGee PF JC C OO/CC (either or)... MoGee makes a flexible enough to start the smaller Onyeka/JC combo but not lose defense and spacing.

If you want to keep it simple you could use Bey, JJ or AJ in that position as well.

I like Hunter he surprised me as far as his floor but his game currently does consist of a lot of ball stopping, non passing/movement that we need to get away from in order to take that next step. 

If Hunter continues to work on his handles and passing ability this might be a different/mute story. If he continues along his trajectory unfortunately he may be a trade option.

It looks like as far as our team building goes we are looking for more fluid players than players that are a little more mechanical or robotic. Which is why players like Hunter, JC and Clint seem to be on the block. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone wants to re-graded after what we saw of our draftees in SL?

SL doesn't mean much to me so no regrading until we see more meaningful action from them.  (I view G-League play as more meaningful even if it is clearly minor league ball. At least there you have rosters with players that know one another and have been coached in a scheme.)

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, Watchman said:

I know a lot of folks vehemently disagree with me, so I don't post much anymore, but I saw an article about Wembanyama, and it had some videos and pictures of other extremely tall centers.  I have always thought that Boban Marjanovich was a funny guy on his commercials, and that he is an old fashioned low post center, and had good offensive skills around the basket.  I watched a highlight video on him, and surprisingly, he could run a fast break, catch the ball around the foul line, and still dribble down the lane and dunk it.  I saw several other instances of him dunking the ball flat footed or on tiptoes.  I haven't had much of an opportunity to watch him play, and he might be a little slow on defense, but he can score in the low post and rebound.  I don't know his contract status, but I wouldn't expect that he has a big dollar contract.  It would be nice to have a 7'4" center who wasn't as skinny as a rail.  They don't seem to play him much in Dallas.  Maybe we could trade some of our spare part cheap roster players and a bag of chips and get him here.  He advertises for State Farm, and he'd be playing in State Farm Arena.

Okay, I'm finished.  Let the insults begin.  (I do think he is worth taking a look at.)

I've been saying we've been missing a 7ftr for a few yrs now. Although Boban is exactly capable of doing what you said I still don't think he's the answer but I like where you were going with it. Mo Gueye should be that unicorn I've been looking for us to get though.

• Like 1