• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Grades and Overall Outlook

sillent

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good stuff. 

I'll get more of a feel when I see them play.

Same. Honestly I will say this, I don’t know ANYTHING about the latter two picks and not much about Kobe either. TBD.. later.

@sillent good to hear from you sir! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, sillent said:

Preciate it @Spud2nique good to be heard! For some reason this site has been acting up on me and wouldn't let me do much besides a simple like and with life being busy I had to fade from here a little bit but of course still a die hard fan.

@sillent There is a thread posted on the issue but I just shared this on another thread:

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

@TheFuzz - That is clearly the issue then because those are the two big consequences of using the old theme that our provider broke with their updates.

image.png

Go to the bottom of the screen and click "Theme" (next to Language, Privacy Policy, etc.).  Then select the "Default" theme. 

image.png

It should go to a completely different color scheme and have a plainer look but should restore your ability to react to posts and quote them.

image.png

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, akay said:

They really boutta ship Hunters a** outta here aren't they lol

I honestly hope they do. He has been a massive disappointment frankly. He still has value and is still a starter quality big wing but we need more in the front court. He ain't that guy.

And on the broader subject: Quin will be hammering the pass it, drive it or shoot it into these guys. There's a reason his offenses worked so well in Utah. They didn't waste a lot of time. Hunter is someone that does that. 

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly hope they do. He has been a massive disappointment frankly. He still has value and is still a starter quality big wing but we need more in the front court. He ain't that guy.

And on the broader subject: Quin will be hammering the pass it, drive it or shoot it into these guys. There's a reason his offenses worked so well in Utah. They didn't waste a lot of time. Hunter is someone that does that. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but are yall gonna get me Naz Reid or not?  That's all I wanna know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know a lot of folks vehemently disagree with me, so I don't post much anymore, but I saw an article about Wembanyama, and it had some videos and pictures of other extremely tall centers.  I have always thought that Boban Marjanovich was a funny guy on his commercials, and that he is an old fashioned low post center, and had good offensive skills around the basket.  I watched a highlight video on him, and surprisingly, he could run a fast break, catch the ball around the foul line, and still dribble down the lane and dunk it.  I saw several other instances of him dunking the ball flat footed or on tiptoes.  I haven't had much of an opportunity to watch him play, and he might be a little slow on defense, but he can score in the low post and rebound.  I don't know his contract status, but I wouldn't expect that he has a big dollar contract.  It would be nice to have a 7'4" center who wasn't as skinny as a rail.  They don't seem to play him much in Dallas.  Maybe we could trade some of our spare part cheap roster players and a bag of chips and get him here.  He advertises for State Farm, and he'd be playing in State Farm Arena.

Okay, I'm finished.  Let the insults begin.  (I do think he is worth taking a look at.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kobe Bufkin will be one of the favorite players on this team once he gets consistent playing time. I cannot speak highly enough about him. He checks a LOT of the boxes for this team's needs now and in the future. 

Defense? Check

Passing? Check

Shooting? Check

Size/length? Check

Ability to switch? Check

Basketball IQ? Check

Motor? Check

This "Hawks DNA" you hear Landry and others mention is real.  They want smart players with good attitudes and the dog in them to play defense. Pass it, drive it or shoot it on offense. No wasted time on the court. You will see this be a theme for as long as Landry is here. It is one of Quin's huge coaching points as well. It is the old Doug Moe motion offense principles in the modern NBA. 

Kobe was one of three combo guards I expected the Hawks to target (the other two being Wallace and Hawkins).  To me, Kobe splits the difference between those two - not the elite defender that Wallace is or elite shooter that Hawkins is but a decent combination of skills (so no one specific carrying tool, but no obvious hole either).  

I don't expect Kobe will play much this year outside of injuries and trades (that would be true of almost anyone they could have drafted at that spot, including Whitmore), but we will see.  

I am going to be very interested in how Whitmore turns out - could be a real missed opportunity.  I do think the Hawks could use an athlete of Whitmore's caliber who can bull his way to the hoop.

• Like 1

Watching his video, Kobe seems to be able to get to the hoop quick like and score before his opponent can react.  If he can really do this in the NBA he will get plenty of playing time.

:smug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Watching his video, Kobe seems to be able to get to the hoop quick like and score before his opponent can react.  If he can really do this in the NBA he will get plenty of playing time.

:smug:

Agree.  His ability to get to the hole was one of the things that positively impressed me when watching some of those videos.  It is always tough, though, because nearly all of the footage is highlight reels and everyone looks good in those, lol.  I'd like to see his shot distribution to know how many of his shots were taken near the basket.  His FG% took a huge jump from a very rough freshman year to a nice looking 48%+ this season and I suspect his ability to attack the hoop was a significant part of that.  Probably accounted for a good % of his rebounds as well.

Thought this was an interesting comparison among sophomore seasons with past and future Hawks:

image.png

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

So who’s Hunters replacement? Is he on this roster? 

• Like 1