• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was trading JC a blessing in disguise?

sillent

We clearly got robbed as far as the actual trade goes JC for (almost retiree) Rudy Gay and a future 2nd round pick. Let me be clear about that.

What if it was less of a robbery and more of a let's leave it outside and see if someone takes it situation.

I know last yr was a bad example but we truly are a very deep team with not enough minutes for everyone. Trading JC for a guy that should be great in the locker room but won't touch the floor is exactly what we needed.

It's a win win for both teams.

It leaves us flexible and allows our young hungry talent to have a spot cleared so they can freely hop into the rotation.

PG Trae Young SG DJ SF Hunter PF Bey C Clint

PG Kobe SG Bogi SF AJ PF JJ C OO

That's still a deep and talented team top to bottom. Knowing Quinn he might just play 9 which leaves Kobe out for more time to develop. 

Either way our log jam is cleared, we're under the luxury tax and we're flexible enough to make more moves if necessary or the option becomes available.

Yes we got robbed but let's be honest a divorce was necessary for both parties and it also looks like a win win because of the things I've mentioned above.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Looks bad but time will tell. I remember the outrage over the Reddish trade and it turned out to be whatever in the end.

Turned out to be highway robbery.  I still believed in Cam's upside at that time but then NY didn't even give him meaningful run.  They had to have buyer's remorse on that trade about 5 minutes later.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Turned out to be highway robbery.  I still believed in Cam's upside at that time but then NY didn't even give him meaningful run.  They had to have buyer's remorse on that trade about 5 minutes later.

Oh right, we actually got a first for that one right? My memory was Knox and a second. Yea, for a first that was highway robbery no doubt about it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Looks bad but time will tell. I remember the outrage over the Reddish trade and it turned out to be whatever in the end.

Yeah even though the Reddish trade is still slightly different to me because I really believe he's a rare talent and if he gets his mind right will eventually blossom. Into just that.

Don't get me wrong JC is in rare air himself in many ways especially when at his best but with the way we've continued to use him it does not validate his price/value. He was the 4th option or less in many occasions even when he was considered our #2 guy. Capela and Hunter was getting more touches than him and in many cases unless an alley was thrown his way or he got open for the 3 JC was almost invisible out there compared to what he's worth.

Either way most people are judging our team based off of Nate McMillan's construction/philosophies and because of his lack to develop we didn't utilize our roster to it's full strength.

I usually don't bet on anyone but myself but I can almost guarantee this team even with the same faces will look completely different next season. 

• Like 1