• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pascal Siakam

Spud2nique

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uhm, let's start with ...  OO or AJ.

🤓 

Why would you trade away 2 dudes that have shown they are ready to go.

You meant JJ huh?

Kinda find it hard to believe you have this weird crush on JJ but kinda hate on players elsewhere. I think you just wanna play devil’s ad. JJ isn’t the one and you know it.

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why would you trade away 2 dudes that have shown they are ready to go.

You meant JJ huh?

Kinda find it hard to believe you have this weird crush on JJ but kinda hate on players elsewhere. I think you just wanna play devil’s ad. JJ isn’t the one and you know it.

If we're honest with ourselves, AJ spent more of the year showing he is in fact not ready.  He hit the rookie wall and never recovered.  That's more problematic than we all seem to be acknowledging.

Neither is proven.  JJ fills a position of drastic need.  AJ does not.  It's that simple.

That said, I want both.  We have both.  Not sure why we're fightin'.  Siakim can stay in TOR where he's comfortable.  Unless he agrees to re-sign with us, then we can figure it out. 

• Confused 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If we're honest with ourselves, AJ spent more of the year showing he is in fact not ready.  He hit the rookie wall and never recovered.  That's more problematic than we all seem to be acknowledging.

Neither is proven.  JJ fills a position of drastic need.  AJ does not.  It's that simple.

That said, I want both.  We have both.  Not sure why we're fightin'.  Siakim can stay in TOR where he's comfortable.  Unless he agrees to re-sign with us, then we can figure it out. 

not sure i agree about AJ.  Yeah he hit a wall and also we got Bey in here who was more experienced and versatile.   But 72 games at 20 minutes a game shooting close to 40% from 3 for a 19 year old definitely did NOT leave me with the impression that he wasn't ready.  yeah his D could use work but you can say that about a lot of his teammates too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

:sarcastic:Shtaaappp it. He hit a rookie wall because it’s the rookie wall.. :mellow: players tend to ummm .. hit it? So Cagey, when there is a name for something it means it probably happens to many folks before it to have it given a name. 

Secondly, JJ never even had a chance to hit the wall because he’s further back in development as the coaching staff and I both recognized.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

JJ fills a position of drastic need.  AJ does not.  It's that simple.

So by default he wins.. ya I guess. But let’s see if he hits any walls and costs us games if we don’t upgrade for Siakam. Comon Cagey, stop ✋ with the semantic explanation breakdown… it’s me your dealing with.. yeaa {stares in cagey direction 👀:wink3: play on playa..

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That said, I want both.  We have both.  Not sure why we're fightin'. 

Well.. because it’s August 4th, we are both pushing papers 📑 around the office that’s far less interesting than smacking each others 🥜 wit a stick. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

then we can figure it out. 

My friend really shoulda sent you to negotiate that grabber for him at the flea market a few years back. The guy wanted $4 for it, I said $2, he said $4, I said $3, he said $4. 😐 My friend said “ok we will take it”… me: 😡 

I woulda been like you and told dude to F off but friend wanted grabber badly I guess. To this day, a part of me feels slighted that my friend went ahead and bought the grabber even after the “no budge” negotiation had taken place. Personally if it was reversed I would have not bought the grabber but that’s just me.

I wonder 🤔 what Cagey would have done in the same situation? Gotten the grabber for less? Bought at full price? Kinda reminds me of this Pascal thing, but the way I’m laying it out, I feel like I’m being an Uncle Tom and giving Masai (our, Hawks) a$$, and I really don’t like doing that if I can help it. 

{inner monologue ends.. 🧐}..

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

not sure i agree about AJ.  Yeah he hit a wall and also we got Bey in here who was more experienced and versatile.   But 72 games at 20 minutes a game shooting close to 40% from 3 for a 19 year old definitely did NOT leave me with the impression that he wasn't ready.  yeah his D could use work but you can say that about a lot of his teammates too.  

There is a certain feel from AJ, it’s like Adrien Griff Sr. and all his experiences for a decade and a half were born into this kid. He has IT. I don’t know how to describe IT, maybe “feel” is what I’m saying mainly, but he knows how to maneuver out of difficult situations that other players who have been in the league for far longer still have not honed, he has it. He’s a 19 year old vet in my eyes 👀 with an old man’s game in the playground. You know the type of player whose teams just keeps on winning, he’s a winner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Secondly, JJ never even had a chance to hit the wall because he’s further back in development as the coaching staff and I both recognized....

Ooof, not too late to edit this part out mayne.  

You're aligning yourself with iRobot who unabashedly eschewed player development.

You get a do-over, spud.  Don't do yourself like that. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooof, not too late to edit this part out mayne.  

You're aligning yourself with iRobot who unabashedly eschewed player development.

You get a do-over, spud.  Don't do yourself like that. 

image.gif.8f94309cda131c3ceabaf9a030eb4eec.gif

-Chuck (Spud 🤨)

• Haha 1