Question for the Day 8-8....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Open ended.

You have Nate McMillian.   You have Quin Snyder. 

All things being equal....

Q1.   How many more wins  do you see Quin bringing than Nate?

For instance, do you think Quin is  5 wins better than Nate?  If so, what difference do you see in these two great coaches?

Q2.  If the opportunity afforded itself and there were no hard feelings and pure professionalism and great friendship....  Would you take Coach Bud right now over Quin. 

If Pop says he's finally hanging it up and either Bud or Quin will be his successor.  And Quin said, if I go, Bud can have the Atlanta Job.  Would you want Quin to go or would you want Quin to stay?

• Premium Member

Q1.   How many more wins  do you see Quin bringing than Nate?

I think Quin will be about 5 wins better. I don't think the roster is where it needs to be for him yet.

Q2.  If the opportunity afforded itself and there were no hard feelings and pure professionalism and great friendship....  Would you take Coach Bud right now over Quin. 

No, Bud is difficult to work with from what I've heard and I don't think he would be the right fit with Trae. Quin and Trae should mesh very well.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I too like the fact that Quin has already established what seems like a very good relationship with Trae and DJ.   DJ said that they text each other every day.   That's amazing!  I remember Bud would establish good relationships with the players also but nothing this personal (it seems).   I am excited about the prospects of the upcoming season. 

• Like 2

Because of continuity a new offense (provided by Quin) I see us atleast reaching that 50 win mark.

Even when Bud was our coach much praises were given to Quinn and other assistants via DeMarrre Carroll and others. Bud is too hard headed and rigid for this team which is one of the reasons Nate didn't work out.

Barring any dumb trades we have a Cinderella/fairy tell type story of a team that's about to unfold this next up and coming season. 

• Like 2