• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks vs Los Angeles Lakers

sillent

Barring any regrettable changes I wouldn't be surprised to see these two teams meeting up in the finals.

I know this sounds highly bizarre right now but both teams have continuity of most of their core with young breakout candidates on both sides. I really think both DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish will live more up to their potential this year and for both this may be their last chance either on our team for Dre and in the league for Cam.

Other guys like AJ,JJ, OO, Bey vs guys like Rui, Austin Reaves and other mainstays as well as Jaxson Hayes have an opportunity to really make names for themselves.

The East and the West are wide open. On the East you have an aging Milwaukee that may get a new system with a new coach that may take time to learn (old dogs/new tricks). 

Miami has already been depleted even if they get Dame new role players will have to get acclimated.

Boston has been replenished talent wise but do they have the heart? Marcus Smart who was the heart of that team has been traded for a more talented Porzingis but the question is will he fit with the J's and most importantly stay healthy and come thru in the clutch. Speaking of health dealing with back to back yrs of going to atleast the conference finals can take a big toll out of a team.

Philly is already going thru drama and may take a step down.

Cavs are pretty good but are they truly ready for the limelight?

Rest of the East is questionable 

In the West their is the defending championship Nuggets who seemed to be going thru a championship hangover even before they won a chip. The Joker was more concerned about his horses and now that they've won one might be even more content.

Suns look scary good on offense but defense wins championships.

Clippers might truly be cursed and are only getting older as health continues to be an issue.

Warriors we have been witnessing the decline and I believe we'll continue to be witnesses.

Grizzlies/Mavs/Pelicans have issues for different reasons but when your star is either undisciplined or unhappy it usually doesn't end well. The Pelicans still might have the best chance out of the 3.

It may sound crazy right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks and the Lakers as the last 2 standing. Although they both came from Bud's coaching tree I'd give the edge to Quinn over Ham. Question is will Trae be hungrier than the aging LeBron or will Lebron's know how and will power still rain supreme.

I guess answers will come in due time and it starts with both teams having successful seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sillent said:

Barring any regrettable changes I wouldn't be surprised to see these two teams meeting up in the finals.

stopped reading right there.  WTF??? 🤣

you have definitely replaced Spud as the #1 ranked Homer in my updated rankings.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sillent said:

I know this sounds highly bizarre right now but both teams have continuity of most of their core with young breakout candidates on both sides. I really think both DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish will live more up to their potential this year and for both this may be their last chance either on our team for Dre and in the league for Cam.

Other guys like AJ,JJ, OO, Bey vs guys like Rui, Austin Reaves and other mainstays as well as Jaxson Hayes have an opportunity to really make names for themselves.

The East and the West are wide open. On the East you have an aging Milwaukee that may get a new system with a new coach that may take time to learn (old dogs/new tricks). 

Miami has already been depleted even if they get Dame new role players will have to get acclimated.

Boston has been replenished talent wise but do they have the heart? Marcus Smart who was the heart of that team has been traded for a more talented Porzingis but the question is will he fit with the J's and most importantly stay healthy and come thru in the clutch. Speaking of health dealing with back to back yrs of going to atleast the conference finals can take a big toll out of a team.

In the West their is the defending championship Nuggets who seemed to be going thru a championship hangover even before they won a chip. The Joker was more concerned about his horses and now that they've won one might be even more content.

Clippers might truly be cursed and are only getting older as health continues to be an issue.

Warriors we have been witnessing the decline and I believe we'll continue to be witnesses.

Grizzlies/Mavs/Pelicans have issues for different reasons but when your star is either undisciplined or unhappy it usually doesn't end well. The Pelicans still might have the best chance out of the 3.

It may sound crazy right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks and the Lakers as the last 2 standing. Although they both came from Bud's coaching tree I'd give the edge to Quinn over Ham. Question is will Trae be hungrier than the aging LeBron or will Lebron's know how and will power still rain supreme.

I guess answers will come in due time and it starts with both teams having successful seasons.

This season will be interesting to say the least.   If everything stayed the way it is now, Atlanta and Cleveland  could be your ECFs.. but one of us will have to beat Boston and one of us will have to beat Philly. I agree that Milwaukee's coaching change may disqualify them. 

However, that is blatant disrespect to Denver and Phoenix. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 12:49 PM, sillent said:

I only included the sad 😢 face to give you the entire set of emojis. I don’t mind anyone in the finals as long as the Hawks are there. 😊 

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, Diesel said:

Memphis with Smart may be better than Memphis with Ja?

Yes. Smart is effective and has JJJ behind him now too. I mean he had RWIII but JJJ is a different animal. Memphis is gonna grind again. They could be a tough out this year.

On 8/8/2023 at 1:15 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

give my thoughts then.

👍 

On 8/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, Diesel said:

This season will be interesting to say the least.   If everything stayed the way it is now, Atlanta and Cleveland  could be your ECFs.. but one of us will have to beat Boston and one of us will have to beat Philly. I agree that Milwaukee's coaching change may disqualify them. 

However, that is blatant disrespect to Denver and Phoenix. 

I wouldn't say disrespect to them but more like respect to LeBron being able to bring out more from players with potential and Cam Reddish still has as high as potential as they come as well as the chemistry they've gained from last year and the players they've added. 

Phoenix is loaded though on paper but often times "on paper" rosters rarely fulfill expectations.

On 8/8/2023 at 4:37 PM, Diesel said:

My question is...

What do you see going on in Houston?   Udoka...

Memphis with Smart may be better than Memphis with Ja?

True alot of teams are loaded and have revamped. That's actually what makes most of the difference to me. Revamped teams need time to adjust and gain chemistry. Sometimes that time could be a full season or more. Teams that already have that like the Nuggets for instance last year usually prevail if they have enough talent and can stay healthy.

Speaking of the Nuggets teams that go far or all the way usually show or have fatigue which is why many struggle to go back to back.

I seriously just wouldn't be surprised if a player that's capable of taking his team to the top in Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks) and a team with a player that's most consistent with getting there in LeBron James (LA Lakers) end up running into each other when it's all said and done.